Disneyland Hotel - room with terrace

Started by Karmaviolet, January 29, 2017, 02:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmaviolet

We are already booked for DLH in June.
We have yet to add a meal plan.

Pricing up various options, it seems that simply adding a meal plan will be slightly more expensive than "upgrading" to a Terrace room once there is a deal with free half board - but not enough in it to make the cost the deciding factor.

Are the Terrace rooms worth it?  What is the Terrace?  Is it secure? (Just wondering about children running about....)

Are there any other small upgrades that could allow me to take advantage of a new offer?

Thank you in advance.

dlpowl

If the free meal plan offer comes on and you upgrade to a better room, will they even give you the Half Board offer then?  Because the offer wasn't on when you booked?  I don't know how this works so I'll follow this post with interest.

bad-pink-tink

I stayed in a Disneyland Hotel Terrace Room in February 2016, this is my report, including photos of the room https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=20925.msg286351#msg286351

I was in a standard room, on a corner, facing Plaza Gardens. I had a balcony and partial park view from the balcony. These are my photos

Map of Hotel, my room location blue star

Day view from the balcony, Castle Circled

Night View of Dreams from Balcony, This is a screen cap from video, I could faintly hear the soundtrack, and just see the higher up fire works. I could not see the animations

My room location circled
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Nicola

Hi, We are a party of 5 (3 kids) because its relative. If my choice was a meal plan OR an upgrade to a terraced room I would go with the meal plan every time. When my children were toddlers we wasted money booking an elaborate meal plan when in fact the children were better off with the cheaper plans as they were tired and hungry in the evening which was much better suited to buffet meals rather than waiting on table service. Now they are older we go all out with the meal plan and with the DLH you will be given a premium which is brilliant as you can eat with the characters every meal if you choose. My children are 10,8,5 now but and we are doing the same and they were great with table service too. The meal plan for the DLH also include Buffalo bills. SO If I could only afford one I would choose the meal plan.

I hope that helps
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****