Disneyland Hotel theme park view?

Started by daddyof2, May 27, 2016, 09:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

From what I understand, it's only if you're staying in the Castle Club that you can actually select a theme park view. Do any/many standard rooms have a good view of the park and is it just pot luck if you get one?

bad-pink-tink

I was in a standard room, on a corner, facing Plaza Gardens. I had a balcony and partial park view from the balcony. These are my photos

Map of Hotel, my room location blue star

Day view from the balcony, Castle Circled

Night View of Dreams from Balcony, This is a screen cap from video, I could faintly hear the soundtrack, and just see the higher up fire works. I could not see the animations

My room location circled
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

daddyof2

Thanks Tink. Are the standard rooms all in the wings with the central building being castle club and suites?

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: daddyof2 on May 28, 2016, 12:17:21 AM
Thanks Tink. Are the standard rooms all in the wings with the central building being castle club and suites?

as far as I could see, yes. The Castle Club has its own entrance just down a bit from the shop. If you look at the map I posted, the area thats marked Main Street Lounge, is actually an atrium, with the Castle Club inner corridors overlooking the space between Cafe Fantasia and Inventions / California Grill entrances.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

fairymom

We stayed there earlier this month and had a room across the way from BadPinkTink's which looked out onto the front entrance of the hotel. We were happy with the location as it was the first room on the 2nd floor corridor which meant we were at the restaurants/reception in 20 seconds and park gates in under a minute. We didn't have to walk down endless long corridors!

From what we could see out the windows of Inventions though you can't really see much in the park anyway. When we were there the Main St station was all boarded up so that eliminated any view you might have had. It might be different up on higher floors, you see the castle etc.