HELP! Totally struggling with organising/cost/time

Started by Muppet, January 16, 2016, 06:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muppet

I think I have looked at too many pages, read too many things and am now seriously struggling with information overload.......I thought I had a clue, but now am not so sure  :(

I think part of the problem is that the trip will also include us visiting England, Paris and Disneyland so there are several elements to work out.......so damn confusing :( We are travelling from Australia

I will try and list what I think I have worked out so far and if it sounds terrible please let me know.

- Trip in October 2016. Monday 10th - Friday 14th (I have checked that there aren't school holidays then)
- Will be going from Paris to Disney as we will site see in Paris for a couple of days before hand.
- Staying at Newport Bay Club - 4 adults + 1 child
- Compass Club Family room
- Half board Plus (which initially I wasn't going to get but have since worked out that the restaurants I would like to go to would be covered by this option)

The price for all the above is coming up as 2558 euros on the German website which seems to convert to 1993 pound

Based on other posts I have read, on here and other forums, this seems high but then they are staying at other hotels, not including compass or half board.

Hard for me to work out if this price is ok or totally over the top  ::) The whole trip will be a lot, as flights from here are seriously exxy, plus everything else added but the chances of us ever going again as a family will be extremely slim!

DisneyRon

Compass Club adds a substantial premium, and half-board plus for 4 adults and a child is quite a costly thing as well.
Just doing a quick check on the DLP site I come out to a similar amount, so no I don't you're doing anything wrong.

You could see if you want to switch to a normal 5-person family room, which would save you around €272 euros, but beyond that most of the cost is simply being there with 5 people, 4 of which are adults. ;)

Muppet

Thanks Disney Ron your post helps :-) I think I was just looking for reassurance, which you have given, as I just was finding it all really overwhelming  :'( 

DisneyRon

Quote from: Muppet on January 16, 2016, 10:24:19 AM
Thanks Disney Ron your post helps :-) I think I was just looking for reassurance, which you have given, as I just was finding it all really overwhelming  :'(

There is a lot to keep in mind, so I know what you mean. :) Especially when you're organizing a larger vacation, like you said, you're also visiting Paris and the UK, so I imagine it being a lot to take in.

never2old

You could also look at staying in one of the partner hotels to lower to total price. The Explorer's Hotel for example has large rooms, and a great swimming pool  ;)

Sounds like you're going to have an amazing trip! And you chose great dates for Disneyland, the Halloween season is brilliant, and the weather usually quite reasonable. Oh, and crowd levels are very good during the week!

Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to help!

seraphelle

That seems about right to me, especially for a Compass Club room with Half Board. The only way you could shave money off that really would be to downgrade rooms (if you have your heart set on a Disney Hotel) or a lower 'key' hotel (I believe there are some rooms big enough for 5 in a couple of other hotels).

Brilliant time of year to go though, it'll be fairly quiet, but will be Halloween season (which is amazing!) and the weather will be pretty mild.

The Newport Bay is a lovely hotel, too.

Are you staying in London for long?
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Ohana

I have one thing to say and it's unrelated to Paris, but it's this:

If you're going to the UK, go to the Disney cafe in Harrods :) it's great!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Muppet

Thanks for the replies guys, and help/advice  :)

Yep your right, we did price up staying in a partner hotel, or one close by but we figured that most likely we will never get to go again so we should probably try make the most of it and pay that little bit more iykwim

Ohana thanks for the tip about Harrods :) will check it out :)

Seraphelle- 5 nights 4 days I think........then off to Derbyshire to visit my husbands family for a few days, then off to Paris

seraphelle

Oh how lovely, you'll have a brilliant time  ;D

I love London, my husband and I go there at least twice a year. If you fancy a fun evening while you're there try this place: http://www.medievalbanquet.com/ It's a really fun evening.  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019