Ideas for making a 21st birthday extra special...

Started by CinderellaChloe, October 13, 2015, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CinderellaChloe

Despite reading this forum almost everyday for the past 18 months while planning my next trip, this is my first post on here! Eeek!

I am taking my little sister to DLP at Christmas (18th - 21st Dec) to celebrate her 21st birthday (which is in November). It will be our tenth visit, and she has absolutely no idea we are going (she thinks I'm getting her some Converse trainers for her bday!)

I plan on telling her about it when I visit her at uni next week so she can have two months to countdown the sleeps (just like we did when we were kids...). I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas on restaurants etc that would make the trip extra special and one to remember? We've done a few character dining options before (especially in WDW) but not sure what reservations to make in Paris!

Any ideas you guys have to make it magical and memorable would be most appreciated!! :)

michaelj1973

Welcome to the forum.
First of all get the birthday button always nice to get the birthday wishes.
And being in dlp is already very magical.
I don't know which kind of characters your sister likes.
But if you want to splash some money auberge du cendrillon?

daddyof2

After ten visits, what have you missed out on or avoided? Any particular restaurants or bars? Have you done a guided tour?

Lisaa

What a great surprise! I am planning a surprise trip for my best friends 20th birthday at the moment. To make it special I am planning all kinds of little surprises. For example: today she will receive a personal invitation from Mickey for dinner at Café Mickey. Maybe you could take some balloons and stuff to decorate the room? Or do a birthday goodiebag with some snacks and disney stuff (primark is your best friend for this haha). Or get her personalised minnie ears (there are several people in the UK who make these). Visiting one of the hotel bars for a glowtini is also a must-do for us.

BethKJ

Your sister is lucky to have you! I am sure your trip will be really lovely. I was just at DLP in September for my birthday.  We are at lots of great restaurants...but the best was dinner at Inventions. The bufffet was amazing and we got to meet so many characters!! They had so much time to spend with us and were so much fun.
We LOVED our lunch at the Auberge because the Princesses were so wonderful, but the food was quite a disappointment. But if your sister loves Disney Princesses, it is worth it. Just don't order the chicken! Lol!
The Bistrot Chez Remy was also amazing because of the decor and the food was really excellent...but there are no characters.
Anyway...those are my three top picks. It just depends on what you are looking for.
I look forward to you TR and I hope my ideas have been helpful.
DLP day trip 1997
Sequoia  Lodge 2004
DLP day trip 2008
Sequoia Lodge 2015