Excitement..

Started by Ohana, September 07, 2015, 03:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Due to the long painful wait for disney (booked in March, and we've still got 10 weeks left), and the fact that I've watched each DLP vlog about 5 times, I feel my excitement has decreased a bit. Plus with the trauma of euros which ive mentioned in a previous thread, I'm not feeling the kid-like excitement I was feeling a few weeks ago. I feel like watching all the videos has spoiled it for me somewhat as I know what to expect, I wish I'd not watched them now!

Can anyone post some stuff to give me a little excitement boost?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Mileto

You could get sick of all kind of stuff repeated continuously - studying, gardening, reading, watching movies ....

So you just need a change. Stop the Disney theme, stop visiting sites, watching vlogs and reading magicforum if you want! That will help a lot. Go and be busy with all your other stuff - work, family, hiking, nature, everything you like ......

And be sure - Disney live being there hearing the music on the Main Street, attractions - it's a magic when it's real.

So there you'll have your real Disney excitement boost!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Komble

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your euro drama, that's definitely a dent in the happiness!

I agree with Mileto... The excitement will come back when you're there and experiencing it as opposed to watching videos on YouTube.

For example, you can be sick of an album because you've listened to it so many times - but the minute you are in a room hearing any of them songs performed live it feels completely different. The magic comes back because it's an experience that you didn't have before.

Try to occupy yourself with non-Disney related things in the meantime... The ten weeks will fly by and as the holiday gets nearer your excitement will build up again, I'm sure.

Ohana

My excitement is definitely back now haha! Since I started doing an obscene amount of hours at work, it's my saving grace. 57 days to go! But thanks guys :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

polar vixen

I have to admit watchin GBP the vlog thing of frozen village kinda ruined it for me. I second the suggestion to stop watching blogs before you go, it's far more exciting!

justlikewedreamedit-xo

When I went during the Christmas season last year I avoided social media and this forum like the plague so I didn't see any of the decorations/celebrations prior to my visit. Maybe if your excitement goes down again you could avoid YouTube 2-3 weeks before your trip? Then when you go it will all be 'new' again if that makes sense? :)