DLRP 3rd time - how to make it different?

Started by Mimi Arc en ciel, October 01, 2015, 12:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimi Arc en ciel

Hi,

Few quick Q...

We've been twice now to DLRP (Both in Oct half term) flew from Birmingham, got the Disney transfer and stayed in the Hotel New York. Paid around £1500 for these previously.

Wanting to go next year, different season though - TA suggested "june" would be a cheap(er) time to go but it would mean taking DD1 out of school for 3 days  ::)

I want this time to be different -  is it worth paying the extra to stay in the Disney hotel?

Also - how easy is it to visit the Eiffel Tower from DLRP?

finally - Which Disney website is cheaper? UK, FR or the Belgium one?!

Thank you so much in advance

A x

onceuponadream

Can't help with all your queries as I've never been in June, but:

Eiffel Tower is pretty easy to get to - you can get the RER from the station near Disney (Marne-la-Vallée) to central Paris, and then change and get the Métro to where you need to go.

We found the French website to be cheapest, but also be aware that you can check the Irish website, Spanish, German, etc. and they also have different deals/prices.
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

rebecca20

I have been in June and to be quite honest I was surprised how busy it was but nothing compared to July. Having a Father that works in education specifically prosecution of non-attendance 3 days is fine (I probably shouldn't say it though!). Turns out the rules regarding prosecution of non-attendance are way stricter than even I thought!

Eiffel tower you can do on one of the day trips listed on the DLP website or as onceuponadream says get the RER. I did the day trip as it worked out easier with a wheelchair - it was really good value for money.

It always depends on the offers for the websites - for us french was cheapest. All the big countries have easily accessible websites just change the domain.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

rebecca20

Just spoken to my Dad who says it varies depending on your local authority for fixed penalty notices for taking kids out of school - theres a lot of changes at the moment regarding this. I know Nottingham has recently changed from 15 sessions to 6 sessions of absence.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.