Afternoon coffe in table service ?

Started by Burth, November 01, 2014, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burth

Hi everyone, I have a quick question for you all.. does anybody know if it's possible to go later in the afternoon when busy lunchtime is over in one of the table service restaurants (Blue Lagoon, Walt's, Steakhouse,..) just to have a cup of coffee ? We always visit in February when it's really cold so we'd like to warm up every now and then during the day. I just don't like the paper cups you get when having a coffee at the counter services. I know you can get a real cup of coffee in the Lucky Nugget, but opening hours are limited in February..
It won't be funny when they rat-a-tat-tat you down.

AislingM

ooooh good question Id love to know if anyone has any experience of this? Really want to visit bistrot chez remy on our trip but  dont like any of the choices on the menu , so just getting a hot drink would be ideal.
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

pfspock

I don't know how it is nowadays, but 15 years ago we asked at the Blue Lagoon (which wasn't even half filled) if it was okay to just sit there for some Cocktails and the answer was a (more or less) friendly "No!".
My guess would be that this is still the official policy, things rarely change for the better...

Queen Elsa

I would make a guess at a no too! And definitely not at Bistrot Chez Remy! Was difficult enough to get a table for a meal when we were there in September x

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Burth on November 01, 2014, 11:47:17 AM
Hi everyone, I have a quick question for you all.. does anybody know if it's possible to go later in the afternoon when busy lunchtime is over in one of the table service restaurants (Blue Lagoon, Walt's, Steakhouse,..) just to have a cup of coffee ? We always visit in February when it's really cold so we'd like to warm up every now and then during the day. I just don't like the paper cups you get when having a coffee at the counter services. I know you can get a real cup of coffee in the Lucky Nugget, but opening hours are limited in February..

We've done just dessert in the blue lagoon, so at worst you made need a small cake ;)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Burth

Quote from: Trekkie101 on November 04, 2014, 12:27:09 PM

We've done just dessert in the blue lagoon, so at worst you made need a small cake ;)

That shouldn't be a problem ;) Thanks for the replies!
It won't be funny when they rat-a-tat-tat you down.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Burth on November 04, 2014, 12:40:13 PM
Quote from: Trekkie101 on November 04, 2014, 12:27:09 PM

That shouldn't be a problem ;) Thanks for the replies!

I suspected as much ;) have a fab time.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts