newport bay refurb- what do i do.

Started by clarybell, March 04, 2014, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarybell

hope someone can help with this.
we are booked into the newport bay and from i have seen on various forums/reviews they are doing it wing by wing. my question/s is are they using any of the refurbed rooms whilst they are doing the work?
my daughter has cancer and due to the nature of it she cannot be anywhere near that kind of thing due to spores etc being released. so, do i email the hotel to ask if there are likely to be any problems or do we just wait until we get there,see whats what and take it from there. This is a very special trip for us and has been organised through the Make A Wish foundation so do not want it to be ruined in any way.
Any advice?

never2old

Contact Disney and ask about it. Maybe it would be best if you changed hotel, go to the Sequoia or the New York, where there are no works going on, to remove risks. You don't want to be worrying about things like that on your trip!!

clarybell

Have sent an email so shall see what they say. You are right, dont want to be worrying about it,not just whilst we are there but when we get back too in case she picks anything up. getting very excited though. only 17 more sleeps. :D

clarybell

We have had a reply and they are moving us from the newport to sequoia lodge. they probably cant give us the reassurance that we were after or they just wanted to make it as nice as possibly could due to it being a 'wish'.

dejmurph1

hi all, does anyone have any update on how the refurb is doing. Are all the rooms complete yet? We are going DEc this year and the web site seems to indicate that the pool etc will be open from oct but does that mean all the rooms will be completed....

Mileto

I won't be completed in December. After finishing one wing of the hotel, they will start the other one (I am not saying east or west because I am not 100 % sure). But the pool we be ready at this time.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

glenn

Being tranfered to SL is most proberly a good thing as when i was there earlier this month a couple we met in the sports bar were very disapointed with NPC because of the refurbs.
As for SL in my opinion it best hotel to relax in.

Mileto

How can you be dissapointed with something you know in advance???
This is what I am asking myself very often, when I read reviews and treads.
We all are informed in advance that there is a refurbishment going on - pool not working, wing closed, breakfast on another place ..... So if you decide to go there, please don't complain, you had the choice NOT to go there.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

daddyof2

Simple answer - some people don't do research, don't listen and don't look below the headlines

ewormas

Hi all

I spoke to a Disney rep a few weeks back, she said people staying at NBC from February will stay in refurbished rooms. She also said that family rooms will also then be available on floors other than Admirals floor,and will have 2 double beds and a childrens sofa bed/chair.
:D :D :D

once.upon.a.dream

we are staying in December, really hoping that the pool opening wont be delayed  :) only ever stayed at Santa Fe before!
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: once.upon.a.dream on July 01, 2014, 12:03:45 PM
we are staying in December, really hoping that the pool opening wont be delayed  :) only ever stayed at Santa Fe before!

It will be, its very far on already.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Queen Elsa

We are going to Disney in September and spent ages choosing our hotel before settling on Newport Bay! We decided after finding out how slow the work was progressing to change to the New York. I am a little disappointed that we won't be staying the NB but we didn't want to risk being in a construction site without a proper restaurant or pool