Free Half Board - which one?

Started by MJ6987, June 28, 2014, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ6987

Hi,
First time poster here!  I was looking at quotes on the DLP site and free half board is being offered. I see that there are various levels of half board available but it doesn't seem to state which one you will be getting and the only option seems to be to upgrade from half to full board.

Which grade of half board do you get for free?

Thanks
MJ

captain rocket

Not an expert, but I think the level you get depends on the hotel you book. Which hotel are you looking at?

msRavenswood

It depends on which hotel you will be staying at.

If you stay at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe or Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, you will get a meal voucher "Standard" which is valid in: Plaza Gardens Restaurant, Restaurant Agrabah Café, Restaurant des Stars, The Grange at Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon, Chuck Wagon Café, La Cantina, Crockett's Tavern.

If you stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge, Disney's Newport Bay Club, Disney's Hotel New York, you will get a meal voucher "Plus" valid in the restaurants listed above plus: Walt's - An American Restaurant, Blue Lagoon Restaurant, Silver Spur Steakhouse, Café Mickey , The Steakhouse, Manhattan Restaurant, Parkside Diner, Yacht Club, Cape Cod, Beaver Creek, Hunter's Grill, Annette's Diner.

If you stay at Disneyland Hotel, you will get a meal voucher "Premium" which is valid in all the restaurants listed above plus: Auberge de Cendrillon, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, Inventions, California Grill.

Here's the link with all the info on meal plans: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

MJ6987

Thanks, I was looking at Sequoia Lodge - four nights. Any recommendations?

I found the information on the plans quite confusing. Do you get 2 meals a day completely free?  It also talked about a "face value" - is that if you want to use it at a restaurant not on the list, and "put it towards the cost" e.g. Using the Half Board Plus for a character meal?

Thanks

msRavenswood

The free half board is either for lunch or dinner. If you want both then you will need to upgrade to full board. You will also be getting a 'Pause Gourmande' voucher for each person which includes one hot/cold drink and one sweet treat.