Cafe Mickey - recent visits?

Started by daddyof2, May 22, 2014, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

There have been some not so great reports about Café Mickey on this forum over the last year or so - has anyone been in the last month or two and has it got any better? I'm considering it for lunch - in part due to the characters of course, but don't want to be disappointed by the food.

andlorna

Hi, we were there in febuary, the character interaction was great, that's the good part. However we have always ate there, on our last 9 previous visits doing breakfast at least once per visit and the same for dinner, however on every occasion the food seems to be getting worse with every visit, example not all food arrives at the same time on are last visit my 2 kids and wife had ate there food by the time I got mine and mine was only a pizza. { which was not cooked as  the dough was raw}  Breakfast is totally different though well worth trying as the characters are really great  and the breakfast has a good choice hot and cold to choose from. The main reason we have always ate there was for the children meeting the characters as there is no scrums like in the parks { however that's changed of late with the cast members creating a safer and pleasant environment and being in control of the visitors trying to push you out of the way. A tip for you, we have always noticed that if yourselves and children don't force themselves on the characters they tend to spend more time with you and your children for photos etc. hope this helps .
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Lucylouby

Food not great,service was slow.  Characters were great.  That was on Tuesday night, so very recent!

littlebitofpixiedust

I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be getting any better food wise. Wich is a shame because the food (years ago) was ate food standard I thought. Breakfast is a lot better value and taste,great character interaction.
If you can afford id suggest inventions instead, yes it's pricey but the food is nice a lot to choose from and worth for characters too.
If you do try cafe mickey I'd also like to know if it's any good now, so please let us know on here. Don't think we'd brave it again until I knew they had made changes. Complete waste of money last time most the food orderd wasn't eaten and was cold and undercooked on our visit. Sort it out cafe mickey!

daddyof2

Hmm yes, think we'll either maybe see how dinner at Inventions works out or give a character meal a miss completely. I think it's a shame not to have Café Mickey providing decent food and characters - it only leaves Inventions or Auberge De Cendrillion and neither of those are what I would call cheap, particularly with a 3 year old who eats like a sparrow and a 1 year old

Mrsya

We were there on Monday lunch time. First sitting at 12pm and the food was great! We had a pizza to share and some waffle fries. Our little boy had the infant meal which consisted of a salad and a pizza on a Mickey shaped plate which he loved. A gorgeous chocolate mousse to finish. The food was all hot and came quickly. 7 characters in total; Mickey, goofy, rabbit, tigger, eyore, Donald and Pluto. Great interaction and no pushing. Very exciting!

It got the thumbs up from us and at just under 45 euros, we thought it was one of, if not the, best meal of our trip. A definite lack of characters in the park so this made up for it. Thank goodness for cafe Mickey!

HFJohnson

We were also there last Monday (26th May) for lunch and had a great time. There were ten of us and we just ordered pizzas, garlic bread and a bowl of pasta for everyone to share and everything tasted good. The service wasn't super speedy but that was fine as it meant we got to see more characters. Off the top of my head we saw Pluto, Goofy, Mickey, Chip and Dale and Eeyore and a couple of them came to our table more than once. We had also ordered a cake for my nephew's birthday which was brought to our table at the end of the meal and Pluto helped to cut it up!

We spent about 40 euros per family which I thought was very good value - there is NO need to pay for the full three course meal as suggested in the brochure.

daddyof2

OK, we went on Thursday for lunch and it was great. We had the set menu which was lovely, met lots of characters and the service was good too. I can thoroughly recommend the linguine and the giant profiterole  :)

Mrsya

Glad you had a good experience there! Look forward to reading your trip report!