Can they accommodate unusual food allergies?

Started by c3po, May 26, 2014, 09:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3po

Hi all!

We're travelling in early October, and staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights, with the free HB Premium offer (2 adults, 3 children aged 3-10).
After years of being unwell at restaurants, I recently discovered that I am allergic to black pepper. Unfortunately the testing doesn't show if I can tolerate trace amounts or not. I've seen the link to the Disney food allergies guide, but that didn't look particularly applicable to me.

Anyway, is this something that the table service restaurants will be able to handle? I haven't planned all our meals yet, but am thinking Walts, Auberge, Annette's, Café Mickey. I find that table service restaurants generally are better at working around my food allergy.

And is all of the food at the buffet restaurants peppered? I don't remember having much trouble last time I visited DLP, but after visiting an expensive buffet here in Norway recently where even the salad had pepper on it, I've become a bit more wary about this.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

Thaliel

I am sure that this wouldn't be a problem. of course, being able to tell personnal about your allergy in french is helpful, but english sould do just as well.
<-Plz click

c3po

Thanks! I should be able to communicate the problem in French. I'm usually just too shy, as I use my French very infrequently, but if that makes them even more inclined to help, I'll manage.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

Samninetysix

Talking of food allergies, I have a strange one and I'm currently waiting to go for further tests. Firstly I love shellfish of any kind, prawns, lobster, crayfish, shrimp, langoustine, crab, clams, mussels - you get the picture, and I eat shellfish at least once a week. Now then, if however I try to eat scampi, within minutes I feel like I've got the flu, I feel shaky but not sick like I'm gonna throw up, almost like a killer hangover. I've tried replicating the feeling but can't. I can eat other things that have been breaded and fried but it still doesn't reproduce the awful feeling I get from eating scampi.