Photo opportunities

Started by disnick.322, April 07, 2014, 10:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disnick.322

I am going to Disneyland in May for my 10th trip and every time i go i take the same photos, i think i have got the castle from just about every angle , so can anyone recommend some unusual places to take photos? What are your favourite placwa to take photos?

DisneyManiac

Take a photo of a member of family on the Swinging Bridge from the Ground, just zoom in.

captain rocket

Just look around, there are fantastic opportunities everywhere! Try photographing the lights and braziers at the entrance to Adventureland and the domes up above! Outside of the studios there is a hoarding advertising Toy story playland with Woody on it, get the right angle with the earful tower in the background and it looks like Woody has MM ears on! On Toy story parachute drop in front of the large walkie talkie on the way to the queue line there is a toy soldier in the hedgerow, I got a lovely shot of him using the camoflage of the bush last week.
Every now and then just stop and look all around you and you will see sights that you may normally rush past! I have about 3 thousand images and am still excited with what I get on each visit! I climbed to the top of the castle in Alice's Curious Labyrinth and got excellent shots of the steam locomotives leaving the station with a fair degree of smoke last week! Then I took a general photo of Fantasyland and cropped the photo so that flying Dumbos's were in the middle! Mad Hatters tea cups makes great photos, at night with all the lanterns illuminated and with a longer exposure during the day a nice sensation of speed.
Good luck with it all

BlackPearl

Try photos in the evening. The park really looks different when the lanterns are lit, especially the tree-house. Oh, and look at the details at the ceilings in the various shops, it's worth it.

DisneyManiac

Look out for Hidden Mickeys! Here's one to get you started: In or near the queue line for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, look out for a destroyed barrel, its metal rings create a Hidden Mickey.