Gluten free menu advice

Started by NanaPond, March 30, 2014, 04:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanaPond

Seeking advice on gluten free meals and menus in DLP and C isney Village restaurants for adults and children.
Thanks

disnick.322

It's quite difficult following a gluten free diet as a lot of the fast food restaurants in the park, have burgers, pizzas, nuggets, chips etc, however they do offer a salad in the fast food restaurants which is gluten and wheat free.
Cafe Mickey claims to have a gluten and wheat free salad, however when we ordered this it came with croutons on top, so wasn't actually gf.
The majority of restaurants in Disney Village do salads, which are gluten free, and places like the rainforest cafe etc do steak, and if you order this without the sauces it becomes gluten free (we asked and were told there was flour in the sauce).
We avoid Annettes, its a lovely place to eat but the main food is burgers which makes it no use.
We also found g/f meals in Blue Lagoon, (main and dessert), so this is one of our favourite places to go.
If you have any other questions on it just ask, as we have eaten here following g/f meals several times.

Gemma W

Just an idea but wondering if you were to take your own pizza bases and bread whether they would maybe make up a pizza for you or a burger? My mother in law had to do that a lot until quite recently when more restaurants seemed to provide more options for those following a gf diet x

bad-pink-tink

my mum is on a gluten free diet and we had no problems at Christmas. She brings her own gluten free bread for breakfast and crackers, biscuits cakes for snacks through out the day.

For breakfast she toasted her own bread at the breakfast buffet in Sequoia Lodge. We ate at Rainforest Cafe, Plaza Gardens, Blockbuster Cafe, Blue Lagoon and Christmas Day lunch at The Manhattan Restaurant in Hotel New York.

My mum never has any problems in restaurants, she always has a card which explains about her dietary needs to show the server and which can be given to the chef. Go to this website www.celiactravel.com and you can find the information translated in many languages. My mum just printed off a card with the French and English explanation and every time we went into a restaurant she just gave it to the server. Many times the server would come back with a few suggestions, for example a menu item without sauce or a menu item without a breaded item, or a burger without a bun.

In Blue Lagoon they have a special free from menu, in Plaza Gardens my mum was able eat a good lot of the options

There is always the option of getting a wrap and opening it up and eating just the filling. My mum has been following a gluten free diet for nearly 40 years so at this stage it is just automatic for us to find gluten free food
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

NanaPond

Thanks to all who gave advice, very helpful, now less worried about eating in DLP

polar vixen

It depends how serious your need to be gluten free is.  If you can't have any transference at all, avoid bffets, otherwise there are 2 choices.  Almost everytime we asked for gluten free we were offered these gluten free micro meals, so there had been no chance of contamination, but they were nasty!  And desserts were pure sugar.  In the buffets they could tell us which dishes were safe,chips, certain burgers, roasts, certain desserts, there was plenty for my kids to eat, andno just salad.  Plaza Gardens and Restaurant des stars had little jelly pots - we went through loads of those!  Silver spur steakhouse did a lovely steak even on kids menu without gluten.  We found most burgers ok - just ordered without the bun!For breakfast they gave us horrible gluten fre bread instead of croissants etc, so we opted for places where they had bacon, eggs, fresh fruit and ham etc.  (inventions, although this has gone up a lot since we last visited, and cafĂ© mickey have these options, not sure about other hotels)