disneyland and the world cup

Started by laylanmummyluvdisney, February 18, 2014, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laylanmummyluvdisney

So partner realised id booked our hol when world cup is on or somthing to do with it
I honestly didnt have a clue
Can someone pleeeeease confirm that he cannot watch any football in disney
As mickey has better things to do than chase a ball
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

Alexz

Sorry to say but since France is a huge football nation and compete in this years world cup it probably will be shown a lot of it on tv. I haven't heard that Disneyland will have any big screen though, but I can be wrong. If you want to avoid the world cup, don't go to a sports restaurant!

Found this article regarding the last world cup, that France wasn't qualified for... http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/06/football-public-viewing-area/
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

daddyof2

I was going to say avoid The Sports Bar in the Disney Village

laylanmummyluvdisney

Well if daddy gets football we get the credit card fair deal i think 😊

polar vixen

A fantastic idea!  Or one of those really nice cocktails - they sell these gorgeous cocktails in the sports bar, about 12 euros i think, maybe 20, but they look so cool!

laylanmummyluvdisney

Ooh is that the glowtinis ive heard about those

BoristheSpider

You can't really avoid football if you walk through the Disney village. We were passing through last week & my other half clocked the match on the big screen & we had to stop!

polar vixen

on the plus side after telling my husband about how amusing i found your post he commented that his favourite time we visited disney was when we went when the world cup was on because of the atmosphere, which has now managed to turn a planned trip in september, with much whinging into a pretty excited trip in June, (I couldn't believe it was only a ouple of hundred pounds difference!  Thank you!

laylanmummyluvdisney

When do you arrive polar vixen were at squioa on 22nd june for 5nights

15MagicalYears

I was in DLP during the world cup in 2010. Sadly you couldn't avoid it, the Village was jumping each night with people watching the matches and absolutely everyone seemed to have vuvuzelas.

never2old

We were also there during the last World Cup. They were showing the games in the bar in our hotel (New York), they even had football-themed decorations outside the bar. And the games were also being showed in the giant screen in the Disney Village, next to the Sports Bar.

Samninetysix

Quote from: 15MagicalYears on March 12, 2014, 11:31:01 PM
I was in DLP during the world cup in 2010. Sadly you couldn't avoid it, the Village was jumping each night with people watching the matches and absolutely everyone seemed to have vuvuzelas.

We were there also at that time, that whole area around the Sports Bar was heaving and that god awful noise from the vuvuzelas, I'm glad they banned them ;)

Livvipivvi

Hiya,  I just read the new update regarding the spring festival and at the bottom it says this...

- From 12 June to 13 July: World Cup 2014 live on all screens in the Sports Bar, including giant outdoor screen

[/size]So it's been confirmed that they are showing it on the outdoor screen while your there too.  Looks like theres no avoiding it ::)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!