Captain EO: Whats The Point?

Started by spacemountainplatypi, October 26, 2013, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacemountainplatypi

Hey, every time I check the dlrp wait times app, captain eo is either a 5 minute wait (no wait at all).  So why do dlrp keep it around? it must cost something to run, but people never go on it. Any thoughts wether it'll last any longer?
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

BoristheSpider

I think I read somewhere that it was closing, I may be mistaken though.

daddyof2

I read the same thing - the last (only) time I went, it was Honey, I shrunk the audience so I'm looking forward to seeing whatever's there next year

peep

Don't forget that a LOT of people can fit into that attraction. This means that most of the time you only have to wait the length of the pre-show (what is that, 10 mins?). So it might not be a case of no one seeing it and more the fact that it's not something you re-do several times
times in one visit and that it has a very large capacity.

Don't get me wrong, it's had its time but I get the feeling that the park is just biding their time trying to find the money for a replacement which was rumoured to become part of the new Star Wars land. Whether this is even being considered now is besides the point. They know it needs replacing but it might still be a few years before they get round to doing so.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

PrincessA

I've seen captain EO for the first time today (trip report coming soon!) and I liked it, MJ was great. I do admit there were flaws in the plot and the aliens didn't look amazing; but it didn't deserve the tiny crowd it received. But I guess if it can't get the crowds, then Disney think it has to go. I just hope they don't destroy the whole theatre. I did hear that the entire theatre and pizza planet next door were going to be completely replaced.

Japperboy

wasn't their a rumour that captain EO will be replaced by a starwars kinda land.
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.be/2012/04/star-wars-land-coming-to-disneyland.html

In disneyland anaheim their is the same rumour, they are talking about a new starwars 3D attraction
http://www.anaheim.com/attractions/guides/item/10178-new-star-wars-3d-attraction-to-replace-captain-eo-in-disneyland-other-star-wars-changes-rumored

[size=78%]But we all know that disneyland paris is evolving slower than the parks in the usa. We still don't have the newest star tours...[/size] ???
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

smudgepuss

Paris: 1997, 2003, 2008, 2012 (Santa Fe), 2013, 2014 (Cheyenne)
Tokyo: 2009, 2015

Japperboy

We'll have to wait till 2022, that's a bummer! Why just now wait until their are concrete plans of a new attraction?!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

aquacat2

I never understood why they picked Captain EO over the Muppets 4D, the Muppets are far more current and would be more of a draw than an out-dated film.
Equally I don't think that making it into a Jedi academy is a good idea (which I have heard is rumoured) , in the other parks from what I have seen they use the academy as a show as well as an experience and as such having it indoors would loose that effect. That being said they could use the que area for the academy so its still under cover and utilise the building for something else.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

hawian rollercoaster

When is the official closing date.

Mitchell

They picked Captain EO because of a certain death around the time, otherwise it would've been something different right now, or just empty
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

aquacat2

That makes sense, fingers crossed that it gets a refresh soon!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015