NYE at DLP

Started by mickeyfan, November 05, 2013, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeyfan

Hi, I will be visiting dlp during the week of new year's festive seasons. Is there any particular dress code for nye night please? And do you think that I should  book restaurants in advance for that week please?  :)

Thanks in advance  ;D

SVioletS

Hello and welcome!

I am not sure about the dress code, as i've never been during that period, but i'd say no. As for restaurants, you should definetly book them, especially if you want to have character meals or have dinner at specific times/places. You can book up to 60 days in advance, 0033 160 30 40 50 and press 2 for english!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

mickeyfan

thanks a lot for your reply, I greatly appreciate it! :) will take a look at the restaurants then!

mickeyfan

I was also wondering, how would it be best to plan a 3 day visit? as we only have three days there and considering it to be a very busy season in dlp I was wondering whether I should prioritize and stick to certain rides and places etc ...I was thinking maybe I would plan a few here and there and maybe go with the flow then.  :-\

SVioletS

Ww always go for 5 days = 3 whole days in the parks and 2 half days. We have kids and we fly and we dont go as often as some forum members, so i prefer to pay a little more and stay longer than to pay a little less and feel link we didn't take advantage of everything!
If you have the chance i think 3 days in a busy season is ok!
You should have an open plan and make use of EMH, if staying on site, and of fastpasses. This way you will get a lot done while the parks aren't so busy.
About a week before you go you can have the parks schedule and work around it!

Good luck planning :D

mickeyfan

thanks for your help :) ... i was hoping to stay for 5 days but unfortunately we're going with a tour and it's only for four days (another disadvantage is that the hotel is outside dlp) but at least it's not that far. However, I will surely book again with more days :)

Is fast pass available only some or all rides?  and how many can you get? being my first visit I still have to learn some things  ;)

SVioletS

:) Fastpass is only for some rides! You go to the ride and you get a time slot to return later, until that period you wont be able to get another fastpass. I've read that if you get a fastpass for 2pm until 2.30pm, you will be able to get a new fastpass (for another ride) at 2.
Also, the system between Disneyland park and the Studios is not connected, so you can get one fastpass in each park during the same hours.
I hope this is clear enough... :)

mickeyfan

real great help thanks!  :D

SVioletS