Annual Pass and staying

Started by martythepooh, October 24, 2013, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martythepooh

I'm planning a trip next year with a friend for a couple of days.  I have an annual pass but he doesn't.

What will be the best way of booking the hotel.  Ideally we'd like to stay in a disney hotel.

Obv I won't need park tickets but he will.  Am I best to book the hotel for me and get the discount and then buy tickets for him separately or is there a better way of doing this?  Never done it before so not sure best way of doing it for the best price so everyone gets a great time.

Thank you in advance for any help!

SVioletS

I'm not sure i can help you, but i've read that the best way is to book the hotel for the person who doesn't have the AP alone: this way you will get the room + park tickets.
Then, about one week before your arrival, you phone the hotel and let them know you will be staying in the room as well (confirm the beds to make sure you have the ones you want). This way you should one pay for the local tax at arrival. This entitles you breakfast too.

Maybe someone who has actually done this may help you better!

Obviously you should go online and try out the various ways and see what comes out cheaper!

Good luck!
:)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Zee79

When we booked we had to state that we didn't need tickets due to having annual passes and they thought this was weird for some strange reason, so my guess would be either book both tickets or just ask for one ticket, you can still get your discount.

martythepooh

Oh thats good then.  I thought it must work out cheaper if i didnt need the tickets, so if I can get it with one lot of tickets and still get the discount from the overall booking then everyones a winner!
Thank you!

captain rocket

What you must be aware of is that it may still be cheaper to book a package with one of the discounts on offer than to take the passholders discount! Many people have found this to be the case in the past.

Elaine

Quote from: captain rocket on October 24, 2013, 01:32:31 PM
What you must be aware of is that it may still be cheaper to book a package with one of the discounts on offer than to take the passholders discount! Many people have found this to be the case in the past.

yep, one person on the package booking (so that person has park tickets included and you're getting whichever discount Disney is offering on packages) then you add yourself at check-in, as you don't need park tickets.