Rides

Started by little tinker fairy, April 28, 2013, 10:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

little tinker fairy

Where can I find a list of all rides and the height restrictions?

Just measured my monkeys and want to know what they will get on!

Thanks  :thumbs:

caspdex

little tinker fairy

Perfect thanks!

cyrilthemilkman

Hi, resurrecting this one a bit.

We've got three boys, Twins 4 and an 18 month old.  We took the twins about 2 yrs ago, they are now at the height where they can go on BTM, do these stated heights also mean they can ride together, or alone?  as obv some rides where the five of us would like to go on but only have an occupancy of 2 riders means we'll need to sit them on their own or together.  Thinking things like Peter Pan, POTC, Pinnochio, buzz, orbitron etc... where the ElChubbaBubba can ride as well.

Thanks

gemma2806

Don't worry about this as all the rides you think that will be just for 2 can actually sit 3! I've just got back from here and myself, partner and our son all sat together on rides. The exception to this was Dumbo where you could only sit 2 people. All the others we went on as a 3 except when the competitive side of us took over on Buzz and we sat so we could have a laser blaster each. BTM sat the 3 of us as did all the other rides we went on apart from Crush's Coaster but you sit back to back in this anyway.

cyrilthemilkman

Cheers for that Gemma.

That is good to know, dumbo maybe a little tricky organising ride turns, i'll just have to chain one of them to the railings while i take the other one on!!

EmmaH

I have a question on BTM, we go the disneyland paris at the end of January and my daughter is 3 and currently 96cm tall. BMT height restriction is 102cm now I'm fairly certain she won't grow 6cm in a month and half so how strict are the ride managers on BTM? She really wants to go on it with her big brothers and loves roller coaster rides. Any help much appreciated
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Kesirra

EmmaH - we were there last month and my boy is in the same position as he is 1m so only 2cm short, but he wasn't allowed to ride. I suppose it would really depend on the staff member.  you might get past the one at the beginning of the queue but then there will still be another cast member or two (those who help you on the ride) and they might say no. It would be really harsh to get her hopes up only to be dashed at the last minute.  Best of luck.

Sulley's Arms

Not sure if this is strictly appropriate but if you have a child that is close to the required height for a ride, consider either getting them some shoes with thick soles or, as we did a few times, fold some park maps and put them inside the heel part of the shoe, thereby thrusting your little cherub past that height marker at the ride entrance!
My take on this is that different people have different ratios between the length of their legs and the length of their bodies; someone could have a short body but very long legs, so when they sit in the seat on the ride they could be shorter than the harness was designed for (if that makes sense), and I believe this is actually the reason for stipulating a minimum height.  Conversely someone with very short legs, once sat down, could be higher in the seat that that other person, so total height doesn't necessarily mean you won't meet the requirements of the ride, although I do of course understand that they have to draw a line somewhere. But if your child is borderline I'd just consider packing their shoes with paper or similar.
Am I just waffling on...?! I'll get my coat!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

gemma2806

When I went last year my son was literally a couple of cms off the height and we encountered two cast members who wouldn't let him on. We put bigger shoes on him to try again a day later and he was allowed on but became too nervous and so we didn't do it in the end.

This year he was big enough and brave enough to go on but they still checked him to make sure he was the right height. CM are very strict in this and I did see some families being turned away because children were too small. I guess it's better safe than sorry  :)

EmmaH

Thank you for your replies, I know that my DD is definitely brave enough and BTM isnt that scary a ride, I would also ride in the cart in the middle of her and one of my sons with my arms around them both.

I took my tall 4 year old on tower of terror on our first visit - he was way taller than the height restriction and I was unaware of what the ride entailed....well, I definitely made a mistake there and will not be taking either of my boys on that ride again. Too scary!!

I have bought her snow boots which have a big heel and will measure her in the New Year - fingers crossed she will be able to ride as its the boys favorite xx
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013