Majorly confused over the meal plan!

Started by musicaljojo, September 17, 2015, 11:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

We are wanted to get the meal plan plus vouchers when we go to dlp, but I was reading the brochure and I'm getting confused!!

I get that in some restaurants they offer a set meal plan to use with the vouchers, so you get a starter, main, dessert and a drink.

Now if I didn't want the set meal plan and chose something else, would I still have to have a starter, main and dessert for the meal and put the voucher towards it or could I just have a main and a dessert and again put the voucher towards it?

I'm getting so confused lol!

Mileto

For the meal plan you have to pay a specific amount of money. This is the value of the voucher.

If you go to a table restaurant appropriate for you type of voucher (standard, plus, premium) you get a menu that will cover the money you already paid. So - if you want to eat less at this place or other restaurant, it is possible that you will loose money.

It is a matter of calculation.
For example - Chez Remy - if you take the menu (starter, main, dessert, drink) you will use the money you already gave.
But if you sit and decide to eat only a salad and a dessert, you will loose the difference. Or if you order more, you will have to pay the difference (in cash or with card).

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

grovesie

Some of the restaurants did not have anything some of our party member did not like. We used the vouchers to put towards the total cost of the food on the bill. The vouchers have a face value depending upon their level. I do not know off hand the values. We asked the CM at time of ordering and have never had a problem.

stifle

At all the restaurants recommended for Plus voucher holders, there is a specific set menu and the voucher covers this menu plus a soft drink. Bistrot Chez Rémy does not have à la carte options but everywhere else does, and you are allowed to use the vouchers at their cash value against whatever you like.

The value of a HB+ voucher is €34 per adult voucher and €16 per child voucher; this is no longer printed on the voucher. Change is not given should you spend less than the value of the voucher, and you must pay the difference if you spend more.

Note that using vouchers this way is inevitably worse value than using them for the designated set menu.

stifle

Quote from: Mileto on September 17, 2015, 11:53:54 AM
For the meal plan you have to pay a specific amount of money. This is the value of the voucher.

If you go to a table restaurant appropriate for you type of voucher (standard, plus, premium) you get a menu that will cover the money you already paid. So - if you want to eat less at this place or other restaurant, it is possible that you will loose money.

It is a matter of calculation.
For example - Chez Remy - if you take the menu (starter, main, dessert, drink) you will use the money you already gave.
But if you sit and decide to eat only a salad and a dessert, you will loose the difference. Or if you order more, you will have to pay the difference (in cash or with card).
It is a little different actually. The menu offered to meal plan voucher holders would cost a bit more to just turn up and pay cash for. In Bistrot Chez Rémy, to continue your example, it would be €39.99. You pay only €34 for the voucher.

Mileto

Thanks for correcting, stifle. Yes, I always forget to mention this discount you get when booking a meal plan in advance. It's often complicated to explain this Disney dining topic.  :-\ :D
Actually this discount is not sooo big, in my opinion at least. If it was bigger, there would be more visitors willing to book in advance.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all