dining reservations

Started by arielred, June 03, 2013, 08:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arielred

Hi,
We are going to DLRP at the end of July and I was wondering how far in advance I can book my dining reservations. We have half board plus, am i right in understanding that at certain restaurants there is a half board plus menu and at others we can order anything from the menu on our half board plus dining? I understand that if we were eating at a premium restaurant, we can order from menu but would have to pay the difference, is this correct? Also, how much is half board plus worth per meal, I did read it somewhere but cannot find where I read it now!!!

Thanks in advance

Julie x

julesk

Hi, cant answer all your questions but you can book 2 calendar months in advance. Its highly recommended for charactors meals like Inventions and Princesses but you can book on arrival at the resort too. Yes you can use the voucher at face value and top up with cash/card. But beware of tips, if you over pay by cash they dont return the money. If you look in the current DLRP brochure, it will tell you the value of the vouchers and places you can eat. Otherwise, if you look in the booking site pages, when you click which option you want. It gives you all the small print and list of places vouchers can be used. Plus values etc.

We did premium and it was so worth it. We didnt spend any money on food at all, just had breakfast and evening meal. Saved us a fortune and we got to eat at Buffalo Bills, Princesses, Inventions x 3.  :D . Just take snacks to put in your bag, security dont look inside your bag like they used to. Just goes through xray machines now.

arielred

Thanks for your help julesk, much appreciated! xx

gemmasteele84

Take a current brocher with you showing how much you paid for your vouchers. It doesnt state a price on them and we found that some places undervalue them.

SParky

When I originally booked my tickets in April, they said to me 60 days in advance. I added disney express after I was able to book Eurostar tickets and they advised me that the period has changed from 60 days to only 30 days in advance
Santa Fe - November 2013

tubbsy

Booked ours with 50 days to go if that helps anyone

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club