WDW | Epcot's Lights of Winter axed!

Started by Anthony, November 11, 2009, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

QuoteLights of Winter not being performed this year?
Nov 08, 2009

I've started to get various bits of information that are all pointing to the much-loved Lights of Winter not being performed this year at Epcot. This isn't yet confirmed, but there is no mention yet of the Lights of Winter in any of the WDW holiday marketing materials, nor are the arches in their usual staging area in the Epcot parking lot (they are typically located here for a few weeks prior to be installed in the park).

The Lights of Winter at Epcot is a canopy archway of 30,000 lights, running along the walkway from Future World to the World Showcase Plaza. Each night during Epcot's Holidays Around the World holiday season, the archway creates a spectacle of synchronised dancing lights, combined with the Fountain of Nations, all orchestrated to holiday music.
QuoteLights of Winter confirmed as cancelled
Nov 11, 2009

Further to the news a few days ago that the Lights of Winter may be cancelled, it is now being confirmed to cast members at Epcot that the Lights of Winter are indeed not going to be shown.
Source and photos: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Lig ... celled.htm

So, it's not just Paris.

dagobert

Didn't DLRP use such arches during Christmas time on Main Street USA?

Anthony

Yes, so now you can't see them anywhere.

I think Paris got them in 1993, and Epcot followed later?

ightenhill

Good riddance..All they ever did was look ugly during the day, and get in the way in your photographs at both EPCOT and DLP..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "ightenhill"Good riddance..All they ever did was look ugly during the day, and get in the way in your photographs at both EPCOT and DLP..
Well, opinions differ on that, it seems :wink:

I for one liked them very much and am sad that they are no more at DLP. I have enough Main Street pics without arches so I could not care less about them being in the way of my photographs during the day, but at night they just look stunning and add a lot to the Christmas atmosphere

AmericanMouse

One last parting shot no doubt as "A Jay Rasulo Production".

paterdave2

Well atleast I know know where those beautiful arches went to.
Hope they will return to DLP for next year but that would be idle hope I think.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm