CPP's Trip Report (31st March - 3rd April)

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, April 04, 2010, 01:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

This is my Disneyland Paris trip report.

Day 1

We (my family) left the house at 12pm and had to get the 14:55pm to Charles de Gaulle airport but it was delayed until 15:40pm because the inbound flight was delayed. We had to spend a couple of hours in departures which was terrible as I wanted to get to the magic as soon as possible. Even though I knew I wouldn't get into the parks this day I just wanted to be in the complex and get the lovely smell of the New York Hotel. The flight was ok despite there being blizzards in Northern Ireland. When the plane landed our main aim was to get out of the airport and get moving to DLP. The traffic was terrible on the way to Disneyland because of rush hour.

We eventually reached the Hotel New York and got check in very quickly. The staff were very friendly and my room was very clean.

I can never get a good picture of this clock  :?

When I got settled in I put the feet up and watched the infamous "Top ten things to know before you go" video and laughed at how she says "Finding Nemo," she says Nem-o. :lol:

We then headed out for the village for something to eat as I was hungry from travelling.

We tried King Ludwig's castle but it was packed. We then tried Planet Hollywood which was also very busy so we decided to go to Annette's Diner which was not that busy.

I got a delicious hot dog and fries.

After we headed over to Gaumont cinema and got Hagan Das ice cream. Yum!! 8)

Towards the end of the night we started heading back to the hotel. We visited the hotel store and looked around the lobby.

After that was off to bed and got excited as I was going to have a brilliant, magical day tomorrow!   :ears:

Day 2 coming soon

Aveen2008

Hey really looking forward to the rest of your report, ah it makes me miss HNY! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

CentralPlazaPerson

Thanks for you kind words Aveen, I will probably start day 2 tonight or tomorrow. Yes I love the Hotel New York, the design and interior is amazing. :)

guest3474

Loving the report so far CPP. Never realised how brilliant that HNY actually looks within the lobby! Looking forward to day 2. :D

Princess_Chazy

Enjoying reading your report. Weird thing was i said outloud i can never get a good picture of the clock at hny just before i saw your comment saying the same thing!!!
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the report x

disneyrules

I have never stayed in the hotel new york but i wish i have it looks so clean and nice.
Sorry about your flight being delayed.
I will enjoy reading the rest.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

tubbsy

Looking forward to reading more :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

15MagicalYears

Great start!
When's the next installment due :)?

CentralPlazaPerson

It will be up tonight sometime. Been very busy recently.

CentralPlazaPerson

update*
Started day 2 but I have some extra photos to upload.
Should be up for tomorrow night.

Sorry for the wait.

CentralPlazaPerson

Sorry I haven't got round to it yet. Not feeling well :(