TGV Est Européen

Started by Anthony, June 23, 2006, 05:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

From the latest Shareholders newsletter:

Disneyland Resort Paris joins the partners club of the "TGV Est Européen" (high-speed train to Eastern France and beyond), and Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy will become the major French TGV hub by 2007.

Inhabitants of Eastern France closer to Disneyland Resort Paris

Disneyland Resort Paris, Europe's leading tourist destination, joins with the SNCF for the launch of the "TGV Est Européen" in June 2007.  This new high-speed link will give inhabitants of Eastern France better access to the resort: 30 minutes from Rheims (Champagne-Ardenne TGV); a little more than an hour from Metz and Nancy (Lorraine TGV); and two hours twenty five minutes from Strasbourg.  Some 37 million French inhabitants will be able to benefit from these new lines and more than 40% of the destinations will be international.

Val d'Europe will become a junction connecting 6 different countries (UK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Luxembourg) and the upgrading of the rails on the British section of Eurostar to high-speed lines will put London at one 2h30 from Val d'Europe in 2007.

Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy: Major French TGV Hub

Thanks to the "TGV Est Européen", Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy will become France's major TGV Hub, and should welcome, in the long term, 1 million visitors per year (in transit or otherwise) in addition to the existing 2 million annual visitors (55 TGVs, 10 Thalys and 2 Eurostars daily).

The "TGV Est Européen" represents an additional development for Val d'Europe.  This new town location 32 kilometres East of Paris is a unique tourist destination, and an exceptional urban project, that has become the new alternative to Paris for service industries.

http://www.tgvesteuropeen.com/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I knew the TGV Est Européen was happening, but I didn't know the trains would actually use the Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station - the junction is further North than the resort, so I presumed they'd pass right by.  I suppose trains heading down the Med (Southern) line and over to the West from the East will definitely use the station as a junction.

London to DLRP in 2 hours 30 minutes in 2007 is an amazing thought as well...

Something extra to add to the 15th Anniversary Celebration then?

Patrick

Ah goodie trains improving I say bring on Eurostar's 2 hours 30 minute journey from St Pancreas in London :D , I won't even have to take the tube to get there from my connecting train wow they are going to make it so much more accessable for people in the North East England due to the change of Eurostar terminal.  Also good news for Europe too :wink: .

experiment627

I'm sooo looking forward to the new TGV connection!

I can't wait for taking a high-speed train from Stuttgart to Paris for the first time next June! (Travelling to Paris - and especially DLP - by train from Southern Germany has been a pain...) And all that in just under 4 hours... Great!

But there comes the sour spot: the line ends in Stuttgart... plans for a new high speed connection between the Swabian metropolis and Munich have been on the drawing boards for years - but the financing always blew.
The mayor of our town (which would benefit greatly from the new line) is lobbying hard for the realization of this project... (which is actually also one of the EU's pet peeves: the "Magistrale Paris-Bratislava" ... a high-speed connection from the Seine to Slovakia...)...
<takes a deep breath> But my point is: I can't wait for a train to take me directly from my beloved home town in Germany's beautiful south to the Magic Kingdom in less than five hours.  :)

And odd thing however: Marne-la-Vallée is not actually listed among the cities that are being served by the new line on the website (German version)

RiverSong

Thanks for that information, I am really exited now!
I mean, WOW, Kaiserslautern - Paris in 2h 25... Right now it takes me (almost daily) one hour from Kaiserslautern to Saarbrücken  :shock:

But unfortunately, taking the new TGV won't be possible on my next visit which is planned in early 2007.... maybe I should re-plan that  :lol:

Are there any prices out yet? I didn't find anything about prices on their homepage.

fly_with_me_dumbo

I live in yorkshire and we can get a train to london in the morning but it never gets us there in time for the 9.25  eurostar we always have to stay over night in london to catch the train the next day, would love to be able to get a train from yorkshire to kingscross and then get across london to waterloo in time for the eurostar in one day