What attractions that are gone do u want to see back?

Started by Dlrpfan, May 24, 2006, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Quote from: "babybert"I agree bring back Captain EO... MJ RULES!!!

Ever been to Phantasialand where you can still find some signage that calls the park's Colorado Adventure rollercoaster the "Michael Jackson Thrill Ride"? I really heard  way too many jokes that are definitely not suitable for a family environment.  :wink:  :wink:

RiverSong

I agree on the indian canoes, I would like to have them back, but maybe merged with the current Pocahontas theming there. I have never been in one of those canoes, although I saw them, I think my parents didn't want me to ride with the canoes. I don't remember them well.
But I remember the Keelboats! They were cool.

And I absolutely agree on Captain EO! This was actually the first 3D movie I saw in my entire life and I've been always afraid of Angelica Huston in the earlier years... Funny when I remember that. And in my opinion it was better than HISTA. If they really want to replace HISTA then they should replace it with something similar to Captain EO.

For those of you who don't know Le Visionarium, there's a video of it anywhere on the internet, I think there also used to be a link to it on this forum, but I can't find it anymore (the video doesn't do it justice, though). For me, Le Visionarium wasn't that a great attraction, I liked it and I think I will miss it on my next trip, but I wasn't very often in that attraction.

What I miss most is the streetmosphere and the many musicians that used to be active in the park in the earlier years. This would be something cool they could bring back, at least on the very busy days in summer.

As the question also mentions parades and shows, I would say I miss the following of them: Imaginations Parade, Disney Classics Parade, the Pocahontas show, Le livre magique de Mickey, C'est Magique, La Belle et la BĂȘte, Lilly's Follies/Lucky Nugget Revue and many others. Don't get me wrong, Legend of the Lion King is a wonderful show at highest standards, but this is the only great current show. I preferred the shows I mentoned above over many other shows that followed. I'd really like the Winnie the Pooh show replaced by Le livre magique de Mickey. It fitted much better at the Castle Stage, it was beautiful with the castle in the background. Plus, there are soooo many Princess-fans out there. A show that is only about princesses, like Livre Magique would be appreciated by those fans.

Patrick

Well if anyone ios still looking for the video I've still got it uploaded on my server of Le Visionarium that is http://www.patmagic.net/Vids/visionarium.wmv .

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"*sigh* The Lights of Winter... Granted, they looked spectacular after nightfall... but during the day? And: they blocked the wonderful view of le Chateau down Main Street for almost three months each year...
I really liked the Lights of Winter, but you are right about this problem.  The main thing I don't like about the Princess Illuminations is that they don't fit very well in Main Street and aren't very colourful when lit up.  I'm willing to give them a chance until I see them for myself though, so fingers crossed they will be a slight improvement on the arches.

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I would love to see Pumpkinmen back in Main Street they looked fantastic on the lights of winter.
Are you being serious??!  :o  :lol:

experiment627

Quote from: "princess_cld"I agree on the indian canoes, I would like to have them back, but maybe merged with the current Pocahontas theming there.

I never understood the allure of the canoes: you have to row around a look (oh sorry: "rivers") with some complete strangers... plus: the attraction is extremely low on capacity and needs a lot of CMs running it. I say: rest in peace.

QuoteIf they really want to replace HISTA then they should replace it with something similar to Captain EO.

It would be just nice to see another 3-D movie that is not just a "show" but a "movie". Isn't it strange that with all current Disney 3-D movies you're supposed to be watching a "show"?

QuoteWhat I miss most is the streetmosphere and the many musicians that used to be active in the park in the earlier years.

True. Does anyone remember the little stunt show they used to have in Frontierland?

QuoteI preferred the shows I mentoned above over many other shows that followed.

Really? What about "Tarzan"? I still think it's the finest show DLP has ever produced. (But to be fair, I have some very fond memories of the show)

Kristof

A brass band is now back in Main Street that performs on town square and inside Plaza Gardens.

QuoteTrue. Does anyone remember the little stunt show they used to have in Frontierland?

Was that on Fuente del Oro?  It returned 2 years ago just for halloween.  It was a guest flow nightmare...

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Was that on Fuente del Oro?  It returned 2 years ago just for halloween.  It was a guest flow nightmare...

No... I think it was on the rooftops of the Saloon and Thunder Mesa Mercantile. But I'm not too sure about that. Just saw it once at the age of twelve... I'm not even sure if the Fort was open to the public back then...

Kristof

Oh ok, well there was a small stunt show on the second floor of Fuente del Oro with a whole bunch of bankrobbers shooting at each other and falling of ladders.  I liked it, but there were so many people pushing to get a view.  :roll:

Edit: Halloween 2004 photos have been uploaded to the gallery, including Who Robbed the Bank here: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/h ... ontierland

flor

If shows count too: the show of 'Le Livre magique' on Castle Stage.

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"I liked it, but there were so many people pushing to get a view.

Considering that this is the worst bottleneck in the whole park, I'm not the least surprised...

Dlrpfan

I would have like the imaginations parade to last for longer
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

experiment627

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"I would have like the imaginations parade to last for longer

Me too... But apparently not all those folks who expected to see cute and cuddly characters and pretty pink Princesses in a parade...

Patrick

Well all those people are annoying, have to say it was the best parade Disney's have created in recent years.  It should have ran till next year in my view, shame it didn't and ended up dying early and being crushed :cry: .

Dlrpfan

as i think i have said before i remember watching a short thing on the imaginations parade on Newsround. it showed a backstage look at the floats and them bieng painted
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012