Are SMH a good thing?

SMH good
28 (93.3%)
SMH evil
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: September 25, 2009, 03:55:13 PM

Elaine

I have to admit I've always wondered why the park opening time was as late as 10am, especially as its surrounded by so many onsite and nearby hotels, where guests are mostly there to go visit DLRP.

I guess its always been about the cost of opening the whole of the parks earlier than that.

With a young child, I have to admit I love EMH, especially the first hour or so. PP, Dumbo, Carousel, teacups, and Buzz ride after ride, racing through the queue area over and over  :lol: .

Having said that, we were staying offsite last visit, and didn't have Dream passes, so we didn't do EMH. As we were there in low season, we really only missed out on multiple rides on PP (but we did it twice a day usually, with FPs). And Dumbo was closed from our first full day there, but we rode it the evening before with no queue at all, when the park was open until 9pm.

I did actually quite enjoy the feeling that I didn't have to get up and get EMH under our belts, I think if I had stayed onsite I would have felt obliged to do EMH every morning  :roll: .

Magicalmouse125

I think overall it is a fantastic idea but if they are going to do it open all the rides!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Anthony

Andrew, your wish might be coming true. Mouetto on DCP posts:

QuoteIl semblerait que lors de certains week-ends de très forte affluence de la saison de Noël cette année, l'ouverture du Parc Disneyland et du Parc Walt Disney Studios se fasse à 9h (au lieu de 10h) avec des EMH entre 8h et 9h mais étendues au Parc Walt Disney Studios.

Confirmation dans les prochains jours lors de la publication des horaires des parcs de décembre.
So due to the very high visitor numbers at the parks during Christmas season, both will hopefully be officially opening at 9am on certain dates. Confirmation to come when the December hours are published.

Anthony

And the first two weeks of December hours were published today: Both parks open at 9am on Saturday and Sunday, DLP stays open till 10pm!

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/month ... /#/2009/12
http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/calendar/index.xhtml

They must be worried about facing the same problems as last year with huge traffic coming to the resort and DLP having to close its gates for the first time in years.

andrewuk

Well it appears that the Christmas Magic of DLP is still in huge demand, even if there are too many people in the park for you to do anything (except Nautilus) without at least an hour's queuing! I wonder if they are worried about a possible crush at the park gates :?: Or maybe controlling the crowds on Central Plaza after they let the public in? Perhaps with so many people coming Monsieur Gas is less concerned about minimising costs than with giving the guests a good Disney experience. :?:

Even with the huge crowds for most of the day on these days, I think this is going to be much better for anyone staying on site.

Great to have a early start in WDS too. :D/
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

ightenhill

Love EMH but it seriously needs to be split between the two parks to be of any real use...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]