loladelorean's Trip Report Sept 21-25. DAY 4.

Started by loladelorean, October 12, 2009, 01:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Day 4 – Thursday, September 24

Get ready guys, because this was a reaaally busy day for us! It was our last full day so we really wanted to make the most it, squeezing in all our favourite attractions as well as those things we hadn't managed to do so far.
Breakfast was in the Parkside Diner again and again very enjoyable. At breakfast we pored over the park maps and timetables to work out a plan for the day.
Then it was into DLP for EMH – Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Dumbo and Space Mountain. We love EMH!

At 9.30am we headed to the gates of the Studios again, prepared this time for the Crush rush! We ran straight to it and only waited about 15 minutes. We enjoyed it even more this time, it seemed like there was a lot more spinning action than on our first ride. Are  we just imagining this or does the action of the shells vary?

After Crush, we ran to ToT as we knew it opened a little later. Again we were near the front of the queue and didn't have to wait long at all. All the CMs on ToT are fantastic, they get so into character and I think they really make the experience extra creepy! We picked up fastpasses after we got off.

Next was time for the first Animagique of the day, once again we had no idea what to expect with this. It was a fun show! Always good to see the characters! Kind of a silly story, but some clever ideas with the puppets and the glow in the dark effects. It went down really well with the children in the audience.

We used our fastpasses to ride ToT again, and had a wander around the Studios to take some silly photos!

Back to the Disneyland Parc, where just as we got in the Mary Poppins show was starting in Town Square. This is one of my favourite Disney films so it was great to catch this show.

We didn't hang around to meet the characters though as we had seen the scrum the previous day. We popped in the Cable Car bake shop for lunch, which was really tasty if a little pricey for sandwiches! Then we headed to Frontierland and picked up fastpasses for BTM. These were in only 20 minutes so we just browsed around the shops a little until it was time to go back on our ultimate favourite ride!

We had liked the look of the Sleeping Beauty show and wanted to see it all, so this was next on our list. We saw the whole thing this time – it's a lovely show and it's great to see all the wee girls loving Aurora. We waited ages for an autograph at the end, but again just gave up.

Another favourite had been the Robinson cabin, so we climbed up it again to take some more photos.

Whilst up there we heard some music drifting through the trees – it was the African tam tams. So we headed quickly back down to get a better view. This was a fun wee show, especially the guy furthest left. Anyone who has seen the tam tams will know he pulls some hilarious faces and really winds up the guests who jump in for photos!

We kept listening until it was time to head back into the Studios once again (told you, lots of walking!) This time we were going to see Art of Disney animation. This was great, glad to have the translating headsets which I think should be incorporated into a few more things. Mushu is a good choice of character to use for this as he has such a big personality. We also loved the nostalgic montages at the beginning, we welled up at a couple! Can't beat a good montage lol.
We also took some time to explore the final room and read more about the animation, this is such an interesting attraction and is really in the spirit of Disney.

When we came out we took a few more photos around the area, and look who I found! Hercules!!! This is my favourite Disney film so I'm always annoyed that there aren't many signs of it around the park. Happy to see he hasn't been forgotten completely!

Then we found a few characters. Friar Tuck was there, and although the other characters were getting mobbed nobody wanted to speak to poor Friar Tuck. We felt really sorry for him, so we took quite a few photos.

Poor Friar Tuck...

Then we tried to get King Louis, waited for quite a while but he was really rudely ignoring us. He could see us waiting but actually went up to kids who weren't even waiting instead of acknowledging us. We were a bit annoyed so again gave up!

It was time for Stars and Cars again, so we got a place nearer to Place de Stars in order to see the show better this time.  We were right next to it but the way the rope was cornering people off meant we couldn't get near to the characters at autograph time. Essentially there were four ropes in a square with nothing inside, for no apparent reason. Goofy jumped over the rope though to see all the people stuck at the other side so this was really cool! His CM gave him into trouble for it lol.

After the show we raced back to the attraction we had been looking forward to all day, Stitch Live! We were amazed at how different it was from the first time. Yes the basic format is the same, but it was a very pleasant surprise how much was different. The funniest part is always when he picks a lady in the audience to fall in love with!

The next thing on our list was the stunt show, we were quite early but decided to just head in that direction anyway. Next to the HSM blockbuster café we spotted Mickey and Minnie all dressed in wildcats gear! The weirdest thing was, this area was nearly deserted, nobody seemed to even know they were there. One family was sitting outside the café eating lunch, and both Mickey and Minnie sat down at their table for ages, interacting with the children. What a lovely surprise for that family!

They were obviously there to promote the restaurant as they kept pretending to go and read the menu and rubbing their tummies etc. We got some fun photos, and loads of time with them. A small crowd gathered but only about a dozen people. Mickey got everyone to do some exercises with him!

This was a really fun character experience which we weren't expecting, the best meet and greets are the ones you don't know about. I would like to see more characters just wandering around the parks like this, there is a lot more of this in Florida than in Paris.

After this we had to rush to the stunt show, but made it with five minutes to spare. This was a really professional and impressive show, on a much bigger scale than we had expected. Finally something I know for sure my boyfriend would love if I can ever talk him into coming to DLP! To anyone who hasn't seen this show, it's not to be missed. I'm certainly not into cars at all, and even I loved this.

Obviously our feet were taking a beating on this day, but it wasn't over yet. Time to trek back to the Parc for the parade again. On both previous days we had viewed the parade from Main St. so this time we found a spot at Central Plaza to get a different viewpoint. We were glad we did as we had a great spot for the princesses getting off and dancing near the end – we didn't even know this part happened! We were a bit teary as we knew this would be the last time we saw the parade. ?

Sore feet or no sore feet, we were determined to squeeze as much as possible into this day! So we picked up more fastpasses for BTM, and rode Indiana Jones and Pirates again while we waited for our time slot. After one last ride on BTM (sitting in the very front train, we didn't have to wait long for this and it was definitely worthwhile!) it was time to head back to HNY.

We had booked to go to Café Mickey at 8pm, so we got ready and made sure we were there 5 minutes early. There was a huge queue outside the door, but because we had booked we walked straight up to the door...only to be told that the queue on the right was for those who had booked. I found this pretty bizarre, but we waited all the same. It was 8.25pm before we got a table, we didn't complain but many others who had made bookings did. I work in the restaurant trade and I was pretty annoyed about this system – they are obviously overbooking, and they need to realise that when you book for a certain time you don't expect to get in nearly 30 minutes later.

Anyway, once we got in we quickly forgot about the wait thanks to all the characters! We were sitting upstairs, but on the way to the table we spotted Stitch, Rafiki, Pluto, Tigger, Mickey and Pinocchio. Later on Chip and Dale made an appearance too.

We were using our half board plus vouchers for their cash value, which the waiter told us was 26 euro each – pretty good considering the current exchange rate! So we ordered from the Mickey Menu which is 30 euro for 3 courses. Just after ordering some very loud music started (Aretha Franklin's Think – random we thought!) and the waiters dragged us and two other young girls up onto a bar top to dance! We were really taken aback but just had a laugh and enjoyed it.

Things took a strange turn though, we noticed the waiters hanging around our table a lot, checking on us far too often etc. We were having a bit of a joke about it but when I got back from the loo before our mains arrived, my sister was pretty freaked out. Three of the waiters had come over to her and said they wanted us to go out dancing with them that night. At only 16, she isn't used to this and didn't even answer them poor thing. After our mains the same three came over again and asked me if we were coming to Paris with them. I made it quite clear we didn't appreciate their advances lol, and they disappeared sharpish when I told them my sister was only 16.

Looking back, I was probably more annoyed about this than I should have been but we were just totally immersed in the Disney magic and getting chatted up was the last thing we were expecting. If we had been in Ibiza it would be par for the course, but in Café Mickey?! I just think it's totally inappropriate.

Anyway, moving swiftly on! The food was hit and miss. For starters, my sis had soup and I had Caesar salad – very nice. Mains were the slightly disappointing bit, sister said the fish and chips were okay but I didn't really enjoy my pasta, it was very bland. The desserts made up for it though! The crème brulee was out of this world, and my sister enjoyed the chocolate sundae.

The real experience here is the characters. We were so chuffed to get so many, and they were really interacting with everyone. Rafiki took a bit of a shine to us!

Stitch was laughing at me for asking for his autograph...

And we met Mickey AGAIN! You can never get too much Mickey...

Here are the rest of the character photos. The experience with the characters makes it worth every penny...just watch out for the waiters. (this one dancing with Stitch was a nice one, not a creepy one lol)

We did our usual trail round the village shops before heading back to the hotel to start packing (boo hoo). We were happy that Lizzie McGuire came on that night – finally a programme we recognised! Unfortunately we fell asleep halfway through.

One more day to come a.s.a.p., but we left at 11am so it's a very short one. Thanks to everyone for your comments so far – I'm really glad you're enjoying my trip report. Sorry that the Cafe Mickey part is a bit of a saga!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Aveen2008

aw wow a busy but brilliant day!!

I totally agree with you that the surprise/random meet and greets are great! I think Mickey and Minnie are soooo sweet looking in those outfits hehe!! :D  :D  :D  :D

It's great to se Stitch in Cafe Mickey.. I am wondering will this stop maybe after Halloween as he is rarely in it! His autograph and message are cool lol =D>  
It really is totally unappropriate that the Cast members were flirting and asking you out so I don't blame you for feeling that way! As you said in ibiza..in fact in anywhere put Disney really it would have been kind of ok (although still unprofessional) but not in Cafe Mickey! Oh well I guess you can both take it as a compliment though :wink:  :P hehe

The 'Think' song is nearly always on in Cafe Mickeys its the song the cast members have a dance too and its sometimes used for birthday celebrations too, its great though , the place really livens up hehe! :D/

Can't wait to hear more although I feel the sad feeling of leaving coming in the next post.. i hate that bit :cry:

Thanks for sharing it all :D

I think the photo of your sister under the 'adopt a monster' sign is so cute and funny hehe!

Poor frair tuck looks lonely in that second photo. Like I always say I would love to see other characters out in the park from different films, not nesscarily main characters but I do think Frair tuck and a few others are kind of bad characters to have chosen. Like when I say other characters appart from the main one ...for Robin hood for example they could have had maid marion, little John etc. I think Friair tuck and the sherrif of nottingham who i have seen many times are really boring characters lol! I too have had photos taken with him though...mainly because I didn't want to leave him out as he was in cafe mickey one time I was there lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

loladelorean

Quote from: "Aveen2008"aw wow a busy but brilliant day!!

I totally agree with you that the surprise/random meet and greets are great! I think Mickey and Minnie are soooo sweet looking in those outfits hehe!! :D  :D  :D  :D

It's great to se Stitch in Cafe Mickey.. I am wondering will this stop maybe after Halloween as he is rarely in it! His autograph and message are cool lol =D>  
It really is totally unappropriate that the Cast members were flirting and asking you out so I don't blame you for feeling that way! As you said in ibiza..in fact in anywhere put Disney really it would have been kind of ok (although still unprofessional) but not in Cafe Mickey! Oh well I guess you can both take it as a compliment though :wink:  :P hehe

The 'Think' song is nearly always on in Cafe Mickeys its the song the cast members have a dance too and its sometimes used for birthday celebrations too, its great though , the place really livens up hehe! :D/

Can't wait to hear more although I feel the sad feeling of leaving coming in the next post.. i hate that bit :cry:

Thanks for sharing it all :D

I think the photo of your sister under the 'adopt a monster' sign is so cute and funny hehe!

Poor frair tuck looks lonely in that second photo. Like I always say I would love to see other characters out in the park from different films, not nesscarily main characters but I do think Frair tuck and a few others are kind of bad characters to have chosen. Like when I say other characters appart from the main one ...for Robin hood for example they could have had maid marion, little John etc. I think Friair tuck and the sherrif of nottingham who i have seen many times are really boring characters lol! I too have had photos taken with him though...mainly because I didn't want to leave him out as he was in cafe mickey one time I was there lol!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels sorry for lonely characters! But yeah, why pick those ones?! Kids aren't going to be excited to meet them.
I just realised I don't even have any photos from the last day, because we literally just did EMH, checked out and got the train to the airport :( so I guess there's no report to write lol.

I suppose it is a compliment about the waiters, but we were really just so shocked. All the CMs throughout the rest of the week were so lovely and it's such an innocent environment that it really took us by surprise.
The waiter who was in charge of our section though had nothing to do with it and he was seriously annoyed at them because they kept hanging round our table. I think he got them in trouble with the manager! It did give us quite a giggle once we had established with them that we were certainly not going to Paris...
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Aveen2008

lol yeah it feels like they have some how violated the innocence of it all really doesn't it! I think the guys in there are quite flirty. I found that a few years ago (when i was looking better than I am right now) like they kept staring and one came out of nowhere and specifically came over and said hello to me and wished me a happy birthday ( i just had a little badge on) but they were kind of embarressing but not as bad as what you had I am sure lol!

you should still write up your last day anyway, doesn't matter about pictures! Plus you should take photos of what you bought! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Annet

Great report and cool pictures!
Stitch's autograph really made me laugh, for big child :lol:

It's really weird indeed to get hit on by a couple of waiters in Disneyland... I can understand you getting annoyed by that, it's not something you expect on your trip.

Soap

Great report and big thanks for sharing!
It's just so cool to see other people enjoy with as much fun as i myself enjoy it!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

jeakat24

Great trip report  =D>

It's so grat to see Mickey and Minnie together out in the parks, even if they are in HSM get up!

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but every ride on Crush is slightly different as the shells are free spinning so once they start to turn it's random.

Those waiters were just creepy, and although you understandably didn't want the attention it's a shame it wasn't the one you pointed out in the photo with Stich, he looks nice  :lol:  :P  :oops:
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

brenjo

Looks like you had another fantastic day.  We have really enjoyed reading your trip report so a big thank you. :D/  :D/

Javey74

You really had a great time by the sounds of things, again great photies to compliment your report..  =D>  =D>  =D>

Really looking forward to the final run..  :D

Once again, thanks for sharing..  :D/

DLP-Photos.com

Great report once again and more great great photos!

QuoteWe had booked to go to Café Mickey at 8pm, so we got ready and made sure we were there 5 minutes early. There was a huge queue outside the door, but because we had booked we walked straight up to the door...only to be told that the queue on the right was for those who had booked. I found this pretty bizarre, but we waited all the same. It was 8.25pm before we got a table, we didn't complain but many others who had made bookings did. I work in the restaurant trade and I was pretty annoyed about this system – they are obviously overbooking, and they need to realise that when you book for a certain time you don't expect to get in nearly 30 minutes later.

My mom and I had a similar experience this year and it was the same last year. I will write more about in my trip report, but this has to be changed - you cannot treat people with reservations like this, when you are urging people to make reservations.

Regarding the waiters it does seem a bit inappropiate for Café Mickey and I agree that you do not expect such talking in a Disney park, but it sounded like you controlled them completely and I would love to have seen their faces when you told them your sister was just 16 :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Handy Andy

Great trip report.
We were at Cafe Mickey at the same time as you, we had a 7.30 reservation. We also had to queue but people without reservations were being let in before us which is infuriating. I'll go into it more in my trip report when I get round to it.

Glad you had a great time. Weather was perfect wasn't it?  :D/

I'll have to see if you're in any of my photos.
Magical Wishes
Andy

loladelorean

Quote from: "Handy Andy"Great trip report.
We were at Cafe Mickey at the same time as you, we had a 7.30 reservation. We also had to queue but people without reservations were being let in before us which is infuriating. I'll go into it more in my trip report when I get round to it.

Glad you had a great time. Weather was perfect wasn't it?  :D/

I'll have to see if you're in any of my photos.

Let me know if we are in your photos Andy! The weather was indeed perfect, even the brief foggy periods weren't too bad, it stayed warm and always cleared up quickly. All in all, it seems we picked the perfect dates to go for prices, weather and how quiet the park was!
Disney Visits

bensmum

Great trip report. The waiter in the picture waited on me and my son in July- he was great with Ben.  :)

loladelorean

Quote from: "bensmum"Great trip report. The waiter in the picture waited on me and my son in July- he was great with Ben.  :)

Yes, he was very nice and think he might have ratted out the others to their manager as they all got moved downstairs! Drama in cafe mickey...

Thanks everyone for your positive comments on my trip report, it's nice to know people are reading and enjoying it. I love reading other ones as well!
Just wish I could return a little sooner than next November  :(
Disney Visits