Security checks return to Disney Village?

Started by Kristof, January 15, 2010, 05:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Moderator Flor just gave me a phone call saying bag checks were performed at the entrance of Disney Village today...

norhel

Let's hope it not forewer.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

Are they doing this only at the main entrance or also at the entrances near the Hotels/Lake Disney?

Kristof

I assume only at the main entrance.

Here's a photo: http://twitpic.com/y7kz2

Disneyland Paris Treasures

It was like this every evening last week. It was only at the main entrance, not at the side to the hotels. They seemed not much interested in families with kids though.

Gareth

they were doing this in decmeber too but not so much checking people unless they look suspicious it seamed

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Annet

My experience with luggage checks (not just at DLP, but everywhere) is that they never check me when I have my crutches with me, but when I walk normal they do. Positive discrimination... :roll:

WillN

Is this the kind of real security check or the "hey, you stole some crackers from your hotel's breakfast!" kind of thing?

And, if the former... why? I mean, is there a real threat or they do it just for prevention? Not that I'm afraid, but just in case...
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.

Martyn

Quote from: "dagobert"Are they doing this only at the main entrance or also at the entrances near the Hotels/Lake Disney?

I have never known them to do any security checks lake side of the Village...

andrewuk

Yes I remember those, the most pointless attempt at security I have ever known, waste everyone's time at one end and leave the other completely open. Hope they don't carry on for too long.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

andrewuk

Quote from: "WillN"Is this the kind of real security check or the "hey, you stole some crackers from your hotel's breakfast!" kind of thing?

No, they only check you going in to the the village.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Pete's Dragon

What is the point, really ? If , god forbid, someone decided to plant a bomb in one of the hotels at DLP, what's to stop them from walking into the Disney Hotel and Boom !!!
If they're gonna do security checks, they should do them properlly. It really is a Luke Skywalker-lift-the-xwing-kinda-deal, "No. Do or do not, there is no try"