Altered Entrance during construction

Started by blazedchris, July 21, 2006, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blazedchris

hey,

look at the pic below, it shows the well know entrance with "WALT DISNEY STUDIOS" across the entrance!

HOWEVER, the pic below during construction shows that "PARIS" was originally displayed below the logo!

so my question is........whats wrong with "PARIS" ????

Anthony

Welcome to the forum!  Feel free to introduce yourself here!

Yep, you're right, they changed it just before opening, at around the same time they painted "Walt Disney Studios" onto Studio 1 and did lots of other similar stuff.  It's not really breaking news. :wink:

I think they removed the "Paris" because they decided to name the parks Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park.  At the time they put that sign up, they were probably going to be called Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Paris.

I think they made the right choice...

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I think they removed the "Paris" because they decided to name the parks Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park.  At the time they put that sign up, they were probably going to be called Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Paris.

I think they made the right choice...

I don't think so. Although it's now more understandable for guests that both Walt Disney Studios and Disneyland are two themeparks, I would have loved to see it called Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Paris. The name Paris would have given both parks some kind of class. Besides that, at the same time, it would show that the parks are a part of a larger global brand. As if the guests wouldn't knew that already, haha, but for some reason I like the word Paris over the word Park.

By the way; it would be so much easier to call Disneyland Park just Disneyland Paris. I mean, there is only one Disneyland Park and thats in California. The name Disneyland Paris says exactly which Disneyland is ment by someone. Thats the reason why I still often use the name Disneyland Paris by the way.  :wink:

It seemed that even Disney in Orlando didn't knew how to call our Studios. At the entrance of the Stuntshow at Disney-MGM Studios I saw "Direct from Disney Studios Paris", while at the monorail the voice-over used "Walt Disney Studios in Paris", and at the banners at the parking lots they used "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stuntshow. New Magic from Disneyland Paris".  :roll:

Fantillusion

I have justed noticed that in the official park map (up to date july 14th) that it shows something above the walt disney studios and says paris below! :D

Thanks
Fanti
-Craig

Kristof

Sorry Fantillusion, those are just lines!

Fantillusion

dont look like lines to me after being a complete disney geek and looking at it with a magnifing glass

go on have a look :D
Thanks
Fanti
-Craig

Anthony

Sorry, they really are just lines!  

You can see that they probably put them there to balance out the entrance, it doesn't look as good without them:

Yeah, I'm a bigger geek than you it seems...  :lol:

btw, Maybe they sold the "Paris" part of the sign to pay for Flying Carpets Over Agrabah? :P

Fantillusion

...well it does look as cheap as a small paris sign, so maybe..
-Craig