Secret Tunnel System under Disneyland Park ?

Started by EDDY, October 25, 2008, 07:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDDY

Hey guys,
i just found that, as I looked a little bit round the Internet about WDW:

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/MagicK ... round.html

I don´t know if you´ve already seen it but I´ ve never seen that before...
Sounds very interesting , for me ^^

My Question is now, does anyone know if a System like this also exsists in our Disneyland Park in Paris ? Maybe a stupid question but I really don´t know that ... There are  also many hidden entrances ( Cast Members Only ... Ne Pas Entrer ) okay most of the times I think it´s just Backstage but maybe there´s also a tunnel ?

see you
eddy =)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

ford prefect

There isn't a utilidor in DLRP.  I am sure there are various stores/system control etc and Space Mountain is partially below ground level.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

-breeno-

Yeah ford_perfect is correct i'm 99.99% certain there isn't an underground system in DLRP :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Owain

There isnt i remember finding out about the magic kingdom underground system before and asking about if there is one at paris and the answer was no.

Timbo

There isn't a tunnel system ,I'm sure I heard that it was because the water table is too high at Paris so they can't dig down too far !!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Timbo"There isn't a tunnel system ,I'm sure I heard that it was because the water table is too high at Paris so they can't dig down too far !!
They didn't dig down in Florida either. They built the utilidors on ground level and then built the Magic Kingdom on top of them.

daisylovesdisney

Quote from: "EDDY"Hey guys,
i just found that, as I looked a little bit round the Internet about WDW:

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/MagicK ... round.html

I don´t know if you´ve already seen it but I´ ve never seen that before...
Sounds very interesting , for me ^^

My Question is now, does anyone know if a System like this also exsists in our Disneyland Park in Paris ? Maybe a stupid question but I really don´t know that ... There are  also many hidden entrances ( Cast Members Only ... Ne Pas Entrer ) okay most of the times I think it´s just Backstage but maybe there´s also a tunnel ?

see you
eddy =)

i have heard that disney hase a upper level tunnel in all the shops, but theye also have an underground tunnen, becouse that is THE  way to resock the stores and that is the "back" of the store. i know people are going from place to place in them like they have in the usa, brcouse did you ever see enyone going around in some place theye are not supposed to be? you have to travel a lot of space if you have to go to the main gate.

ford prefect

There are access roads running the length of Main Street,if you look on google earth you can clearly see the backstage layout.

All cast members, stock and supplies travel around the resort.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Timbo

Strangely I have just found a video on http://www.virginmedia.com all about the tunnel system at WDW !!! It is a Disney video to promote the theme park ,enjoy, it explains it all !!!

Riebi

Thanks for this great link timbo  =D>

Here again the direct link:

//http://www.virginmedia.com/travel/disney/videos/magic-kingdom-tunnels.php

Thanks again for sharing! A must see!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

EDDY

Hey !
Thanks Timbo for this amazing video !
It´s so interesting to look at backstage Disney material :D

Thank you guys for all your answers ;)

greez eddy
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Javey74

Yeah, thanks Timbo, very interesting footage there... =D>  =D>

Great find.... :D/  :D/  :D/

dagobert

I'm happy that DLRP doesn't have a tunnel system beneath DLP. The utilidors are the reason, why the Dumbo ride at WDW doesn't have the water effects. The tunnel is also the reason why the Fantasyland at WDW looks so bad. It was not possible to integrate the nice little rivers and lakes like DLRP's Fantasyland features.

During my time in the USA, I have seen many TV documentations about Disneyland and Walt Disney World on Travel Channel and History Channel. One of these tv shows was a "Behind the scenes of WDW" show and it explained some things about the tunnels. For example that the MK is not build on ground level, it's on the first floor. All special effects and rides are controlled from the control room in the utilidors. The Magic Kingdom is the only Disney park that has such a tunnelsystem.

Owain

I heard that it was built for Characters/Cast Members to get around the park without being seen. Meaning that if someone was dressed in a explorer outfit but was over by tomorrowland they wouldnt have to walk through the land looking out of place. But surely they wouldnt build it just for that !.

Im going to watch that video, probably explains the reasons why it was built   :)

Edit; Oh wow, so it was partially made for cast members to get around different lands !

Timbo

dagobert ,the video mentioned in the link is the one you must have seen as it explains all this !!! :wink: