Question about filming at the studios

Started by andyman, September 21, 2008, 10:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyman

Hey everyone, I was just curious to know if anything has ever been filmed at WDS.  I mean it is a studio right? Why didn't they decide to film some disney shows or movies here anyway? Thanks!
Andrew

davewasbaloo

They used to film the French Version of Art Attack and other French Disney Channel shows in WDSP. When they were originally planning the park, there was a French animation division, and the view was it was to be moved to WDSP. Sadly the unit was closed down altogether.
since 2001 (many before that)

Maarten

Quote from: "andyman"Hey everyone, I was just curious to know if anything has ever been filmed at WDS.  I mean it is a studio right? Why didn't they decide to film some disney shows or movies here anyway? Thanks!

Disney Channel filmed a few of its shows (or was it only Art Attack?) at the current Disney Channel building in 2002-2003. Where they have their studios at this very moment I dont know. Maybe someone else could clear things up. No films have been filmed at the Walt Disney Studios Paris however. Plans to locate the actual Walt Disney Feature Animation France studios in the former Animation Courtyard failed to materialise.

Edit: sorry, Dave already answered your question.

Aveen2008

wow you learn something new everyday! :D

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Maarten"Disney Channel filmed a few of its shows (or was it only Art Attack?) at the current Disney Channel building in 2002-2003.

They were filming French Playhouse Disney there on one of our trips, which is quite a coincidence if you think about what will be opening in there next year :wink:

Nicholas-c

However much we would hope, its not really a real studio ;) (anymore)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

WDS has actually been used in the past for a few French productions!

never2old

Quote from: "Kristof"WDS has actually been used in the past for a few French productions!

Other than the Disney Channel shows you mean?

Anthony

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "Kristof"WDS has actually been used in the past for a few French productions!

Other than the Disney Channel shows you mean?
Yes! The Dinotopia set was used for a French comedy show where a Lord of the Rings-type gang arrived and then couldn't remember the pin code to get in.

Café des Cascadeurs was also used more recently for something.

Quite minor things though, really. I wonder how much (or even if) they got paid?

andyman

Even if they don't get paid, it is really cool to know that some things, though minor, have been filmed there.  It would be nice to see more, but at least some things have been made for tv!
Andrew