Airport Transfer - info so far!

Started by dlpowl, January 16, 2018, 09:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

Hey guys,

My parents are coming with us on our next trip.  We drive but they want to fly so I'm researching the best way for them to get from CDG to the Cheyenne.

It seems a bit of a minefield so here's what I've gathered so far, I'm hoping you guys who fly can either confirm or deny this info or even offer a better solution! hahaha!

Private car transfer - quick, convenient about 140 euros return for 2 people.
OR
Train - quick but if you are arriving in a terminal that is not near the station it can be a pain to get there. I was surprised at how expensive this was - 140 euros total for the return
OR
Magic Shuttle 90 euros total return but you still have to get to the terminal (as with the train)
OR
Standard bus service - don't know how much this is but it can take up to 90 mins

Does this all seem correct?  How long does the magic shuttle take?  If this info is correct then a private car would seem the obvious choice.  My parents are both 70 years old so for the convenience of the car being there waiting for them I think they'd prefer that.

All input appreciated.  Thank you.

dlpowl

Thanks, yes I've read it, that's where I got some of my info and links from but I just wanted to condense it into clear choices and just check that I'd got everything correct and check that there wasn't another/better option.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: dlpowl on January 16, 2018, 09:42:54 PM
Hey guys,

My parents are coming with us on our next trip.  We drive but they want to fly so I'm researching the best way for them to get from CDG to the Cheyenne.

It seems a bit of a minefield so here's what I've gathered so far, I'm hoping you guys who fly can either confirm or deny this info or even offer a better solution! hahaha!

Private car transfer - quick, convenient about 140 euros return for 2 people.
OR
Train - quick but if you are arriving in a terminal that is not near the station it can be a pain to get there. I was surprised at how expensive this was - 140 euros total for the return
OR
Magic Shuttle 90 euros total return but you still have to get to the terminal (as with the train)
OR
Standard bus service - don't know how much this is but it can take up to 90 mins

Does this all seem correct?  How long does the magic shuttle take?  If this info is correct then a private car would seem the obvious choice.  My parents are both 70 years old so for the convenience of the car being there waiting for them I think they'd prefer that.

All input appreciated.  Thank you.

Looks about right. Do they still have the minibus transfer to where the Magic Shuttle is based?

dlpowl

Ooh, I have no idea!  It said on the website "Our shuttles are waiting for you at terminal 2f" then just gave directions to 2f from the different terminals.  No mention of a shuttle.

bad-pink-tink

I would advise AGAINST the internal shuttle for Magic Shuttle. I did this on my first visit, I arrived at Terminal 1 and was directed by airport staff to the shuttle stop. I had to wait about 30 or 40 minutes for the bus, which only brought me over to Terminal 2 E 2 F Magic Shuttle ACTUAL departure point. I then had to wait again for the next Magic Shuttle. Never again.

On all subsequent trips I now make my own way from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 E 2 F
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

dlpowl

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on January 16, 2018, 10:27:05 PM
I would advise AGAINST the internal shuttle for Magic Shuttle. I did this on my first visit, I arrived at Terminal 1 and was directed by airport staff to the shuttle stop. I had to wait about 30 or 40 minutes for the bus, which only brought me over to Terminal 2 E 2 F Magic Shuttle ACTUAL departure point. I then had to wait again for the next Magic Shuttle. Never again.

On all subsequent trips I now make my own way from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 E 2 F

Thank you.  Is it a long walk?  My parents are 70 years old and my Mum isn't great at walking long distances (trying to convince her she may need a chair in the park) and they'll be pulling cases too. 

justlikeidreamedit

If you are thinking of a taxi. I highly recommend Ezy shuttle. They are extremely reliable. Prices are on their website and depend on how many passengers. Even if you go with the shred journey option it is highly unlikely that you will have to share and you are going to the same place anyway!

ezyshuttle.com

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: dlpowl on January 16, 2018, 10:50:06 PM
Thank you.  Is it a long walk?  My parents are 70 years old and my Mum isn't great at walking long distances (trying to convince her she may need a chair in the park) and they'll be pulling cases too.

it depends on which terminal they are arriving at. I only know the route from Terminal 1.

From Terminal 1 it is a bit of a trek as you need to get  from the arrival area to the little tram thing. The tram takes about 10 minutes and brings you to Terminal 2. Once at Terminal 2 you then have to walk to the Magic Shuttle departure area which is located in a corridor which links 2E and 2F at the arrivals level. I usually follow the signs for Terminal 2E Arrivals
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Slimy yet satisfying

If we are not hiring a car we always get a private hire from Hoppa or the like. It's always nice for someone to be standing with a board with your name on it who then takes your luggage too. A good start rather than running about...there will be enough of that in the park! In all honesty there isn't much of a price difference when you tot it all up, except maybe the Magic Shuttle (which takes forever!).
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

dlpowl

Thank you, everyone, you've been a great help!  Definitely going for a car transfer for them.

Thanks again, much appreciated xx