little help with hotel cheyenne please and other bits

Started by Tinkerbell1608, August 06, 2017, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbell1608

Hello everyone,

I have only in the past couple of days came across this website and forum and i'm delighted! But, i've spent a good chunk of the last couple of days trying to plan out my trip and confusing myself. Not sure if this is the right location to ask all this but here goes!

I will be travelling to DLP for Halloween this year with my sister and my little girl (6) who has autism.
We are booked into the cheyenne hotel and have only read that we can't have breakfast on site? is this true?
We have the free half board with our package. I understand there is works going on in the hotel at the moment but i didn't think that'd affect any aspect of our trip. I would ideally like to stay in the hotel for breakfast rather than dragging my daughter around in search of breakfast, or anywhere that gave breakfast with the vouchers that are supposedly given. Can anyone give me ideas and length of travel distance to  a really nice breakfast place? if i do have to look. I have kind of worked out where to eat for dinner and i'll be booking them nearer the holiday. Whats the ideal time people found to have dinner? That they didn't miss any of the goings on.

My daughter will be on foot with me most of the time away from the park but she is very bad on her legs because of other health issues and we don't have a big enough buggy of our own to bring away. i'm planing on renting a buggy in the parks but i'm wondering are they always available or should i get there early to get one?

Has anyone any experience of having a special needs child with them in Disney and can you give me some advice on what worked, and stuff i may not know before i get there. WE have 4 nights there so want to be able to relax and not be running around for those days trying to sort stuff out, i want to be prepared with the knowledge before i go, on where to go and what to do.

would really appreciate the help guys,
Thanks in advance!

Leosawesomedad

Hi Tinkerbell

I was at the Cheyenne last week and during that time guests entitled to the breakfast were being sent to the New York Hotel, a bit of an upgrade if you ask me... There were signs pointing towards the path to walk to the New York which is probably quicker than taking the shuttle bus as then you have to walk back through the Disney Village to the New York anyway. Not sure how long the works are continuing on that part of the hotel though.

Other meals there seemed unaffected.

The Red Garter Saloon did an excellent pizza to eat in or take away (among the best I've ever had), its only advertised on a chalk board in reception so easy to miss. I and my son went in there twice, he had a kids cocktail in a souvenir light up cup and I had a beer whilst we shared a pizza in the quiet bar, very pleasant way to eat during such a busy holiday, nice to get away from crowds.

The Refurbished rooms of the Cheyenne are very nice!

We had Air-Con and a ceiling fan, though the lowest the Air-Con went to was 23 it was comfortable.
also...
7 European power sockets
1 UK power socket
2 USB power sockets
10 clothes hangers
A good size safe
6 massive drawers
Hair Dryer
2 bottles of water and some chocolate coins on arrival

We had the room with one double bed and a stowaway, there was loads of space and the stowaway made a great seating area for us.

I can't comment on the Buggy rentals as we didn't use them.

Have a great time.

Hotel Cheyenne - First ever trip - August 2017
TBC - August 2018

polar vixen

Read up the disabilities section on this site...if you takr proof of your daughters disability to city hall (on the left as soon as you enter the main park) you can get a card which will cover all of tou so you dont need to queue for the rides...or for character meets (for characters youll likely be given a return time so you dont havr to stand in the queue. ) as far as brrakfast if you booked with the free half board package you get vouchers to use in cafe Hyperion or a few other places for a set breakfast or you can use at face value (9euros) and pay a supplement for a hotel breakfast. My tip....once youve booked all your rrstaurants grt a social stories ap for your tablet or ipad and create a day by day plan with pictures of what youll be doing and where youll be going each day.

claire2281

Just to make it clear for the priority pass, I believe you need a letter from the doctor (on official headed paper) which states what their disability is and how it affects their ability to do things at the park - like queuing etc. I'm sure the people in City Hall are very used to autism and difficulties it can pose so you won't have any issues but they do need proof.

As for breakfast, you can pay an upgrade to have a hotel breakfast but it isn't guaranteed. Depends upon how busy breakfast is and you may find that's an issue at Halloween. Basically if breakfast is already too full you can't upgrade and several people on here have said they were refused when they asked.

The breakfast places the free meal plan entitles you to are currently in the main park although that may have changed by October as the Extra Magic Hours are changing. Both parks will be open but only from 9am. This may affect what places they have the breakfast available from as 9am is quite late and they may need somewhere in both parks.

As an alternative there is a lovely Starbucks at the Cheyenne which is where we got breakfast every day during our trip. Of course you can't use your vouchers here but you could always go and collect the items your voucher entitles you to as well and save them as snacks.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Tinkerbell1608

Thanks everyone for the replies!

really appreciate it, and its given me more information than i had ;D