Awful meal at au Eve de cenrillon

Started by Lindsayv1977, April 21, 2016, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindsayv1977

Just decided to treat my daughter on our las day. She's not too well so thought she deserved the extra treat.
When we got there we were stuck on a tiny table in a corner right at the back even though it was 3:30 and almost empty.
Starter arrived and I spotted an ant on the table, brushed it off and over the course of the starter main course about 6 more ants appeared. We brushed them off but one bit my hand and and my daughter felt so yakky about the ants everywhere she did t eat her meal amd got really upset.
I told the waitress and asked to move she saw y daughter was upset and dragged the table a few inches to the right and expected us to just sit there.
I had to quite forcefully insist we moved table.
They weren't very apologetic. They refunded my drink (one Sprite) as there'd been an ant in it. But that was all. They didn't seem bothered
My daughter had been really looking forward to it.
The food was pretty rubbish anyway. And the princesses Looked a bit bored.
112 euros for 2 of us to have a rubbish time and ants everywhere.
Disgusting.

Lindsayv1977

I meant Auberge de cenrillon. Auto text

Mtlchuck

I just posted a thread about bad food experiences at DLRP. Actually we had a similar experience at the Blue Lagoon restaurant, the waitress wanted to put us in a sad little corner even though there were plenty of other places left. She was very hesitant to move us, telling us that the service would take a lot longer if we moved to another table (why?). We just moved ourselves and we were served quickly by another waiter.

This is my problem, DLP charges the price of premium dining, which you would get 40 minutes away in Paris, but insists on sub-par experiences. I can see how visitors can feel scammed given that they've already spent a lot in the entrance ticket itself.

I encourage you to write an e-mail to them telling you the situation. I dont know how customer service is in DLRP but I once had a bad experience at WDW, wrote to them, and they kindly offered me free tickets for a future visit.

Lindsayv1977

Yeah the food really is rubbish isn't it, and pricey rubbish.
Must admit we had an amazing meal at inventions, great service and great food. But that was cheaper than Auberge de cenrillon.
I really thought they could've refunded my daughters meal, she barely touched it and was upset.
It must've cost all of about £2 to make as well.

glenn

I sent an email last year about terrible food and restaurant closures,when I was there one day there was only one table service restaurant and two counter service open.
I wrote to tell them I would not be returning and they sent an email back stating that they would give me a free one day ticket for each of my party, which I refused,stating that I had already said that I wouldn't return.
Disney then offered me 300euros which I accepted,they also said that they will be improving the food very soon.
So if you do complain to Disney don,t take their first offer.

littlebitofpixiedust

I've eaten at DLP countless times (never auberege) doesn't appeal to us. But I'd be outraged if it was infested with ants... I mean ant killer is cheap and surely they can't expect people to eat amongst insects? I too would have complained.

I got food poisoning once badly 3 weeks it lasted and I even needed surgery (won't go into gory detail) which I believe I got whist there. As it was the only place I ate chicken and that's what was identified as the cause of my food poisoning. It was a buffet (not inventions!) but I cannot be 100% as the icubation for food poisoning can vary so I never actually complained i just avoid most meats when I'm away now...

Out of all the times I've ever visited I've only ever complained once regarding one rude staff member trying to confiscate my sons wheelchair. Him and my cousins daughter were sent a toy woody and a princess toy (one each for upsetting our whole party) I still don't think that's acceptable mind you this staff member caused such a scene to the point where I was crying! But in saying that we've always had great experiences which I email DLP after each visit to give positive feedback as I do believe some staff we've encountered (most actually) are amazing  :)

rebecca20

Email them!!! I know you might not want it but they are honestly so good at giving compensation. I have 3 free nights and a premium voucher to use.

Also if you know the CMs name make sure you tell them. They are honestly good at taking criticism on board, I've noticed a lot of improvements since I complained about specific aspects.

Also to get a good table at Blue Lagoon you need to tell the person who is at the booth (I always manage to get next to the ride) as they sort out how many people each waiter has and write it down, it's so it's faster as one person doesn't have all the tables.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Lindsayv1977

We went back to city hall and spoke a lovely lady there who gave us a vip spot for Disney dreams which stopped my daughter freaking out and cheered her up. I might email though. I really think they should've refunded my daughters meal price as she didn't eat it.
While I'm here though we ate in inventions too it was AMAZING. I defo recommend that.