Children at Chez Remy

Started by naisworld, January 14, 2016, 07:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naisworld

Hi Everyone. My 5 year old really wants to eat in the 'ratatouille' resturant. Would you say it's suitable for his age? Does Remy come out on the desert trolley like he used to in Resturant Des Stars? Thanks 😄

polar vixen

sadly there's no Remy and all my Kids hated the chicken skewers that were on the menU last time but the decor is amazing and the staff are generally very nice and fun. desserts are wonderful for both adults and Kids

Samanthad

It's definitely got a restaurant atmosphere, but still very children friendly, the staff were lovely to my two children at the time who were 3 and 1. We had a bit of a wait for food, where my two got a bit frustrated and the toys and things we had bought earlier in the day had to make an appearance to keep them occupied, which is why we now prefer buffets so we can get them fed and occupied asap! My children did enjoy the food but they eat all sorts of different foods at home. If your child really loves character interaction then I would perhaps suggest booking for a character dining experience for near the same cost. Te theming was incredible in there but my two were too young to take much notice!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

stifle

It's a lovely restaurant but the menu is short to the point of minimalistic so check beforehand whether there's something in it that the kids (and any picky adults!) will eat.

naisworld

Thanks everyone. I think we will wait until we get there to make a decision, my son is super fussy!! X

polar vixen

in that case check on your first day there or as soon as possible as it tends to book up in advance. 

naisworld

Quote from: polar vixen on January 14, 2016, 09:55:41 PM
in that case check on your first day there or as soon as possible as it tends to book up in advance.

Will do, thanks. We are going on 30/01 which is the quietest week of the year so hopefully will be ok! 😄

Samninetysix

We ate in there in September last year, the decor is excellent and the steak was cooked very well. Unfortunately the ratatouille that comes with the steak had a 2cm long black curly hair in it, a very wirey black curly hair. I almost ran to the toilet where I then deposited my very nice steak down the toilet along with other items that were in my stomach at the time. Needless to say I won't be going back

stifle

That's unfortunate though I guess it could happen anywhere. What did the cast members say when you pointed it out?

petals

If your son is fussy I'd skip it. They took 2 hours to get three courses out to us. The place was fabulous and the food was great but I think it would be hard to keep a child still for that long!

naisworld

Thanks for all your advice. I think we are going to give it a miss! My son is particularly fussy and I would be really disappointed spending all that money on something he doesn't like! I will promise him sneak at the Rainforest Cafe, that should keep him happy! Xx

naisworld

We treated ourselves to Inventions for lunch instead which was lovely - would definitely recommend, there were loads of options for our small children to eat. Best meal we have ever had at Disneyland! X