First timer!!! Going 31st Aug- 4 sep, how busy? How much spends?

Started by Holidayblues, February 08, 2016, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holidayblues

Hi all,
Finally going to Disneyland Paris August 31st for 4 nights staying at Sante fe, me, OH and daughters age 4 and 1
We have half board plus and have already paid for breakfast at cafe mickey so some meals will be already covered
Before we go.
How much spending money is not enough? I don't mind taking to much just don't want to run out.

Also how busy is it likely to be August 31st?? And what time will dreams be on??

stifle

It really depends on how much shopping you do. I would suggest getting a debit or credit card with no foreign fees such as Metro Bank, Halifax Clarity, or Lloyds Avios Reward as these are better value than prepaid cash cards and way better than getting cash at a bureau de change. There is then no chance of being caught short or left with euro to change back.

DisneyGagaChick

Seem as the UK summer term finishes around 5th September, I will imagine that week will be a bit busy.

Sulley's Arms

French schools reopen on 1st September, so most of your trip will be after they have returned.  If your dates include a weekend this will be busier, as weekends nearly always are, but overall it shouldn't be too bad.

We've been a few times on these dates and it has always been fairly quiet (to say it's the summer hols).

A couple of years ago we only had one evening and the following morning, but in the evening managed to go on every ride in DLP at least once (without queueing for more than 10 minutes), dined at Blue Lagoon, got trapped inside Small World (!) and watched Dreams!  In the morning, over at WDS, we did all the rides we wanted to do, as well as meeting a few characters and watching CineMagique & Animagique (RIP  :'( ) Well worth the trip  :)

I think you'll be ok...
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]