Walts

Started by tsaress, April 29, 2015, 12:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsaress

Is it possible to ask to be seating in a certain room when booking? Which do people think is the best room?
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

DisneyRon

I imagine asking to be seated in a specific room is a possibility, whether there's space is a different matter.
As for which is best, I've only had lunch at Walts twice, and really only recall the decor from the second time, which was themed around 20,000 leagues under the sea by Jules Verne. I was seated right next to a model of the Nautilus. :D

gemmasteele84

It depends when you're eating. We went while the parade was going past outside and asked to be seated by the window so we could watch :)

HildeKitten

Wait what? There's a 20 000 League room...
If they could guarantee me seating in that, I'd consider eating there :)
Although I'd have a hard time convincing my husband, because the one time we ate there the food was rubbish and the portions so small that they really did not justify the price XD

DisneyRon

You can always ask Hilde, but there are no guarantees. I do love the 20,000 leagues room. :) I've eaten there twice now, and once in another room, facing out towards Main Street, right around parade time. :D Best view you can get.

LotsoHugginBear

There is no special room for "20.000 leagues under the see" but a room for Discoveryland and this is themed after Captain Nemo.
There are rooms for Fantasyland, Adventureland and Frontierland as well.

HildeKitten

Quote from: DisneyRon on May 08, 2015, 07:02:27 AM
You can always ask Hilde, but there are no guarantees. I do love the 20,000 leagues room. :) I've eaten there twice now, and once in another room, facing out towards Main Street, right around parade time. :D Best view you can get.

IF (big if) I can convince my husband to eat there again, I think I'll give it a go when we go during total low season :)

gavinng

We have a reservation to go in Jun. Now I'm a little worried that the food might not be that good.

macca1476

dont worry at all. we went for the first time last month, it was really really good. service was good, and the menu catered to all of us (8,13,16 and the two adults).

cant wait to go back in july :)

Disney Magic

When we ate at Walt's we had an evening meal unfortunately for us it was the same time as when the parade was on. We were seated by a very kind lady and my son said "ohhh I wish we could see the parade!" The lady smiled and then lead us to a table with a window. The parade started and we looked out the window and we could look down and see the parade while eating our meal it was spectacular. If you asked really nicely I am sure they will let you pick where you sit. Plus the food is gorgeous at Walt's so I hope you have a good time !!!!!!  :) :) :) :) 

polar vixen

Can anyone advise which room is the lightest and brightest?  We're going with friends and would like to try this for the first time on our next visit.  I've looked at pics and due to my son's x2 issues I know that the aladin (?) Themed room and I think it's the fantasy one will be to dark for him to be happy in.  Is it the Jules Verne room that has the greeny swirling ceiling?  In the pics  of some of the rooms the devotee was noticeably lighter but I don't know for sure which!  help!

Thaliel

I am not sure whether you ca actually choose whee you sit, the personnel will simply guide you to whichever table is currently available. But IMHO, everythign except the wish lounge is light enough, since there are windows all around
<-Plz click

polar vixen

thanks for that Thaliel

Ohana

When we went, we checked in with them a little while before we were due to sit down and I asked if we could request either a table by the window or a table in fantasyland (no available windows in fantasyland sadly). When we went back we'd been given a nice table in fantasyland so yes I do think you can request, however I suppose it depends how busy it is, I'd maybe recommend doing it further in advance than just one hour haha! But we found fantasyland room to be gorgeous, and we were sat by the massive photo of the castle...
Which Tom pointed out that it looked mediaeval, apart from the one boy wearing Mickey ears haha!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel