How long do you all stay for?

Started by leo93, August 18, 2015, 12:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

AlmostThere...

The first time we went we went for 1 day, with 2 kids aged 2 and 4 and we left about 6.00/6.30... And that felt fine!  We just did the things we really wanted to do - but it was all with a view to going again.

Last year we went for 4 night 5 days which was fab, but we were there in Octiber half term so more peak season.

I think you can stay as long/short a time as you like or need to, you fill your time accordingly :) x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

leo93

Thankyou everyone i think i'm going to go for 4 nights 5 days, depending what kind of deal i can get.

efh2015

you can do everything in 2 or 3 days if it's just adults going! we always make 1 sit-down dinner reservation for our full day, then fill up at breakfast and snack throughout the other days, which means we get lots of rides done from 12-2 and around dinner time, as well as during the parade.

leo93

Quote from: efh2015 on August 19, 2015, 09:59:06 AM
you can do everything in 2 or 3 days if it's just adults going! we always make 1 sit-down dinner reservation for our full day, then fill up at breakfast and snack throughout the other days, which means we get lots of rides done from 12-2 and around dinner time, as well as during the parade.

There will be me plus a 6 and 4 year old so will just be the kids rides we do really plus the characters and parades.

Ethan040

I go for a week, I drive there sat to sat but I stay outside the park and we have annual passes.

I could of stayed there longer, I think we did just about everything though!

pasxalis1987

Well......we usually stay for 4 nights/5days.....
And i have plenty of time to go to my favourite attractions, see the parades, go into the different shops.....I also visit the Studios park......But i kinda feel a bit bored during the fourth day (mind that i am 28 years old and i've been there 3 times in a raw, 1 in 2013,  2 in 2014) so......for me 4 days i think are enough......
But its just me and my wife. I dont know how does it work for a family with kids.....
Also, you need to see which attractions are closed. Now that BTM is closed, and since i am not a fun of big thrills, i mostly visit 3-4 attractions so....i do have plenty of time!

Zee79

Quote from: leo93 on August 18, 2015, 02:39:15 PM
I don't drive so had been looking at coach trips but for the time you actually get there and the fact of how long it takes (we live in the north east so long dive with two kids) it doesn't seem that worth it, when pricing up for this november (just to get ideas) it came out at the same price for more days PLUS flying!
How likely are they to have a similar deal with free nights for next winter?

Thanks everyone for the advice, will definitely do at least 3 days. The kids will most likely have their own money saved for souvenirs and we would do maybe one or two good meals and the rest cheapest we can find.

We are also from the north east. We self drive now & have always had very young children with us & as long as you keep them occupied-dvds, activity packs, they should be fine. We used to use Siesta Travel based in Middlesbrough because it was cheaper for us at the time going on a coach. We usually do 3nights/4 days but make a road trip of it, go a day early, stay in travelodge then on to DLP the next morning arriving about midday, same back getting late tunnel home then stay in hotel on the night in the UK. Makes the magic last a bit longer. We are doing 4n/5days next summer.  Have you thought about Eurostar? Some of the sites give you that option and the site we often use you can pay in instalments if you book well in advance. They allow you to add the extras as well if you want or leave them off, eg meal plans.

leo93

Quote from: Zee79 on September 10, 2015, 11:28:41 AM
Quote from: leo93 on August 18, 2015, 02:39:15 PM
I don't drive so had been looking at coach trips but for the time you actually get there and the fact of how long it takes (we live in the north east so long dive with two kids) it doesn't seem that worth it, when pricing up for this november (just to get ideas) it came out at the same price for more days PLUS flying!
How likely are they to have a similar deal with free nights for next winter?

Thanks everyone for the advice, will definitely do at least 3 days. The kids will most likely have their own money saved for souvenirs and we would do maybe one or two good meals and the rest cheapest we can find.

We are also from the north east. We self drive now & have always had very young children with us & as long as you keep them occupied-dvds, activity packs, they should be fine. We used to use Siesta Travel based in Middlesbrough because it was cheaper for us at the time going on a coach. We usually do 3nights/4 days but make a road trip of it, go a day early, stay in travelodge then on to DLP the next morning arriving about midday, same back getting late tunnel home then stay in hotel on the night in the UK. Makes the magic last a bit longer. We are doing 4n/5days next summer.  Have you thought about Eurostar? Some of the sites give you that option and the site we often use you can pay in instalments if you book well in advance. They allow you to add the extras as well if you want or leave them off, eg meal plans.

I did look at the eurostar but adding on a train down and then staying over it wasn't that much different to fly from newcastle plus the kids have never flew before so i think it would be exciting for them. Although this was priced up as a test for november so booked well in advance it may be cheaper! My oldest doesn't do too bad travelling we have done thomasland twice and i didn't know i had him but my youngest hates sitting and together they fight like mad.
Just had a look at the siesta website and their prices are very reasonable so that may be an option if i can't get a good deal on flights when i book so thanks for letting me know about that!