Inventions - a real disappointment

Started by EmmaH, February 08, 2017, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Last year we visited Inventions for the first time and it was a huge highlight of our trip.
So we booked again this year and looked forward to going.
We are a party of five - two adults and three children aged 10,8 &6. The kids were so excited.
I've got to say that the whole evening was a huge disappointment.
The staff were indifferent and the characters few and far between. We had Mickey, Tigger, Goofy and Stitch.
Stitch was very good and fun.
The food was nothing to write home about and what I found really mean was the extra charge for adults drink - not included like the children's meals.
Such a disappointment and we felt we could have spent €249 elsewhere.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

dlpowl

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  Have you emailed DLP and expressed your disappointment? 

We've never been but it's on our to do list for our next visit.   And yes, it is very expensive to not get what you expect! 

justlikeidreamedit

Totally agree with EmmaH. Have had some lovely meals and character interaction at Inventions but we were literally sat with a finished empty table waiting for 2 characters to come round. They seemed to cover part of an area an then it was break time so we missed out. Won't be going again.

dlpowl

Gosh that is really bad!   I think you must both be much more patient than me because if that had happened to us I would've kicked off big time! 

Disneymaria

We had the same experience the last time we were there, I was very angry and felt it was money out the window. We've been there many times before and loved it, but not this time. Every time the figures were near us they had to go for break and never started in our area again. When we left we met 4 figures but only cause we stayed there almost 2 1/2 hours, and then the children we're tired and down. Within the first 2 whole hours we only met 2, Mickey and Goofy. Normaly we only use 1 - 1/2 hours on dinner also at Inventions.
April 2012 Davy Crockett
March 2013 Cheyenne
November 2013 Cheyenne
November 2014 Disneyland Hotel
November 2015 Sequoia Lodge
November 2016 Sequoia Lodge Golden forest

Az

Have to agree,  have just returned from Disneyland and as a family were really looking forward to eating at Inventions. We have been to cafe Mickey for breakfast and dinner in the past and on leaving Inventions both children asked why we didn't go there instead.
The restaurant itself  is very nice and all staff we encountered were lovely, could not fault them at all, but for the price you pay here I would have expected a much better selection and quality of food, we also ate at Billy bobs, silver spur and plaza gardens and would say they were all better.
The biggest disappointment were the characters, they are very few and far between. We were in there for nearly 3 hours and as others have said we had finished eating and just sat there waiting. We even had to tell a member of staff we were missed by characters when they did come in.
To end on a positive, when the characters did get to us they were brilliant with the kids.

bobothebear

I was gonna book this up for when we go in May.
Is it just evening meal or lunches as well that people have had a bad experience?

Disneymaria

It was at dinner for us, the previous years we've had a fantastic time eating there, just this last time that was a big disappointment and waste of money. We won't eat there next time.
April 2012 Davy Crockett
March 2013 Cheyenne
November 2013 Cheyenne
November 2014 Disneyland Hotel
November 2015 Sequoia Lodge
November 2016 Sequoia Lodge Golden forest

EmmaH

It was dinner for us although the year before we had a lovely time.

It was a massive let down.

We had hoped to try Billy Bob's for the first time but it was closed the week we were there.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

seraphelle

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I ate there on the evening of 20th Feb and had a wonderful evening.
Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Mr Smee, Geppetto and Tigger were there. The food was phenomenal (I'm a huge seafood lover though so could quite happily eat 69 euros worth of the King Prawns, Langestines and Crabs!), the staff were lovely, just can't fault the place.
I was nervous about this booking after reading so many of you have not had a great time there lately, but honestly it was great. The only thing that spoilt it a little for us was a clearly wealthy family (Mum had a Luis Vuitton handbag and a matching changing bag for the baby's things on the elaborate pushchair, yikes!) who seemed to think that they were more entitled to character attention than anyone else in there, but thankfully the characters were tactful and fair.
I know it's a lot of money but please don't give up on the place, because when they get it right, it's just magical and amazing xxx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019