Dining on a Budget

Started by xeluther, May 31, 2015, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xeluther

Taking a trip to DLP with a couple of friends in late June and was wondering what places are the best value for money for a sit down meal in the evening buffet/menu. Thinking of bringing in stuff for an early lunch and snacking on junk food before grabbing a meal at 4:00 - 6:00 before the places get too busy and then captalise on the shorter queues while people eat their meals.

I'm working on a realitvely low budget but want to find somewhere which has good food and is a nice place to eat!

stifle

The parks don't really do cheap food I'm afraid. If you want a buffet, they are all around €25 per adult or more. And table service meals are unlikely to be under €30. The exceptions are Buzz's Pizza Planet and Café des Cascadeurs, if they're open.

xeluther

Quote from: stifle on May 31, 2015, 05:40:59 PM
The parks don't really do cheap food I'm afraid. If you want a buffet, they are all around €25 per adult or more. And table service meals are unlikely to be under €30. The exceptions are Buzz's Pizza Planet and Café des Cascadeurs, if they're open.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they don't do cheap food. I am expecting that I'll have to pay a fair bit of money for an evening meal but I've heard of people spending over €60pp and we really can't afford that. The €30-€40pp price would be far more achievable. I'm really looking for the best balance between quality and price. :)

polar vixen

We've always find plaza gardens to be excellent value,  and have loads of choice,  so you can really fI'll up,  we always have a huge breakfast,  a snack for lunch,  then eat at about four, no need for a proper lunch that way.

DisneyRon

Quote from: xeluther on May 31, 2015, 05:51:43 PM
Quote from: stifle on May 31, 2015, 05:40:59 PM

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they don't do cheap food. I am expecting that I'll have to pay a fair bit of money for an evening meal but I've heard of people spending over €60pp and we really can't afford that. The €30-€40pp price would be far more achievable. I'm really looking for the best balance between quality and price. :)

For that price range the buffet restaurants should generally be good (with the exception of Inventions as it's rather pricey). :) So perhaps look into what those have to offer?
There's 10 (and I'm leaving out inventions here) of them dotted around the hotels and parks, so there's bound to be something to your liking. Though not all of them will be open at all times of year.

grovesie

There's all ways MacDonald's, Earl of Sandwich in the village and Annette's which are all fairly reasonable

stifle

€30-40 will cover the basic set menus at the likes of Walt's, the Steakhouse, or Bistrot Chez Rémy.

daddyof2

Quote from: stifle on June 01, 2015, 03:36:02 PM
€30-40 will cover the basic set menus at the likes of Walt's, the Steakhouse, or Bistrot Chez Rémy.

I agree. If you're paying €60 a head you're either eating right at the top end of the restaurants or eating a LOT of food from the a la carte restaurants. There's plenty of options and the portions in most restaurants are decent

Disney Matt

As already stated Earl of Sandwich & McDonalds. But the sport's bar also does a limited range of food too which s reasonable such as burger & chips.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

littlebitofpixiedust

King Ludwig in Disney village is pretty good value range of choice and good portions  :) sure for meal and drink it was under €30 pp if you google Disneyland Paris menus you can see all restaurants and rough prices

HildeKitten

And menus! Then it's easier to decide where you want to eat also because then you get a better idea of what you can get where and at what cost :)

grovesie

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on June 01, 2015, 07:33:15 PM
King Ludwig in Disney village is pretty good value range of choice and good portions  :) sure for meal and drink it was under €30 pp if you google Disneyland Paris menus you can see all restaurants and rough prices

Not many people know that Ludwigs are owned by the same people as Rainforest. If you eat at Ludwigs they will give you a 20% off voucher to be used at Rainforest. Rainforest does the same for Ludwigs. The vouchers have to be used with in 48 hours. To redeem you will also need the receipt from the restaurant who issued the voucher.

Also from 17:00 it's happy hour aswell. Drinks can be purchased from the bar and taken through to the table.

I know not the cheapest place but 20% makes it more reasonable

HildeKitten

That's a great tip, thanks grovesie!
I've eaten at Rainforest just once, and I have to say that I thought the price was pretty reasonable.
Sure it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't ridiculously overpriced either, and you got a LOT of food for your money!
My friend Sam and I expected some kind of small portion or a portion that would just be big enough but we got these HUGE plates, OMG!
We really needed an extra person to get it all eaten!

I'm not sure whether the portions are still that large because I went in 2011 if I remember correctly, but if they are: definite value for money!

seraphelle

We loved Rainforest Café, only been in there once on the last night of our last trip, we'll definitely be visiting there again on our next trip. I'm desperate to go to Annette's aswell but have always been outvoted  ::)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Adam

Breakfast is always key for me. Eat up and then sneak a few bread rolls and pastries out for lunch.

DLP Guide has the menus with pricing (http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/). For me, Plaza Gardens is great and plenty of food and King Ludwigs do good portions.

The meal plans may also work out cheaper, which are also on that page.