Peter Pan... what am I missing?

Started by Mrsya, April 18, 2015, 01:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

All of you (ok, majority of you) seem to adore Peter Pan and have it in your ultimate list of must dos... However, we've tried it once, thought it was broken, tried it for a second time and to be honest we were completely underwhelmed. It was pitch dark, most of the action seemed to happen underneath us and the boat just jerked us around in darkness. This is coming from a complete Disney addict and a complete non-hater (I even love riding the travellators from the car park!) so please don't be offended. I just don't see what all the fuss is about... Am I missing something?

polar vixen

Personally I live the music as your going along,  and riding it looking down on a network of stars is magical,  I think I like it most because it's the most linked to an actual movie c. And not scary like snow white and pinochio

bad-pink-tink

I guess its one of those things if you love the movie, then you love the ride / attraction. Peter Pan has always been one of my favourite Disney cartoons, right from a young age. I have also lived in London so the story / visuals have personal meaning to me. I have been to the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens, I love the movies Hook and Finding Neverland, the story of J M Barrie.I love the fact that JM Barrie gave the rights to the story to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, And I have also been to the real Neverland :)

The ride IS jerky and dark and very short though. And as the audio is in French, it does loose some of the magic, compared to the Peter Pan rides in the US parks.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

AlmostThere...

First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Uragano Tati

I love when flying over London that you can see the little lights moving, when flying in the sky with all the stars around, when flying over Neverland the lava in the volcanos and at the end the Jolly Roger sparkling.
It seems to be very very dark when you ride it during the day, expecially when the sun shines outside because your eyes are used to the bright light. If you ride it when outside is already dark you can see a lot more (the same happens with Pirates and Pantom Manor).
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

HildeKitten

I do like the ride, but I'm not totally wowed by it and if on a trip I don't go in, I don't think my trip has been ruined :)
I like that it's a different system than a usual ride vehicle but to be fair, after having been stuck on it for half an hour (and it felt like an eternity) once, I'm less keen on going on.

twentythingamabobs

I don't really get it either  :-\ our LO loves it so I went on with him twice last week but the other 3 times I sat on the wall outside while he nipped on with my Mam! Did notice that Wendy seems to have jumped off the plank since our visit at Christmas though  ;D

never2old

We love it!! I love flying over London, through the starts and over Neverland  :D

Though I admit that some rides are better than others... Sometimes it's too dark, you can barely see anything, and sometimes it seems to go too fast and a bit too jerky...

But when it's working fine, it's pure magic :)

Mrsya

Thanks for your replies everyone. I know we all have different reasons for loving the rides that we do and I literally adore DLP so I think we'll give it another go using our VIP fastpasses next month.  :)