Pre-trip report 8 - 10 March 2015

Started by vampira, February 03, 2015, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampira

Okay, let me be honest first... I haven't actually booked yet, but hope to do in the next days. So this trip isn't confirmed yet. My employer still has to approve of me taking a few days off.. That's what I'm waiting for. But as soon as I get the green light, I'll book our trip. I have already decided when, where, and how to go,  ;) So for now, let's just pretend, no WISH upon a star, everything will work out.  ;D

So, for the pre-trip report: it's going to be me and my husband this time. It will be our 5th visit together (my 7th). Last visit was October 2014. Why do we want to go again so badly so soon after our last visit? Well, last visit didn't go as we had planned... Our car broke down on the way there, so we arrived about 6 hours later than planned. We had problems with our dinner reservations, both my husband and brother got sick, the battery of the car died on the way back... We still had fun of course (hey, it's Disneyland!  ;) ), but every time we think back, we have to think about all the problems we had and we want to go again to do it right!

As the title says, we want to go 8 - 10 March, so we can enjoy the Swing into Spring event.  :D
We are planning to stay at the Cheyenne again (we stayed there a couple of years ago) as it turned out to be our cheapest option at the time. We liked the hotel too, so I'm actually really looking forward to it.

For the first time, we plan on taking a meal plan (standard, half board), because we usually eat at the buffet restaurants anyway.
On the first day we would like to eat lunch at the Agrabah Cafe, as this is our favorite restaurant so far and it is only opened on the Sunday during our trip (and only until 16:00). But this is fine because we will have to have breakfast and leave home very early anyway.
The second evening we would like to eat at La grange at Billy Bob's, but I can't find any opening times? So if anyone knows, please tell me. I would also like to know if the buffet is any good? Maybe we will change it anyway.

We also have planned to visit Phantom Manor on the first day, as it will close on the 9th. Space Mountain and the Nautilus are closed the whole month, so we will have to miss those. We also want to make use of the Extra Magic Hours, as we stayed in non-Disney Hotels on our last two trips and we're finally able to do this again.  ;D
And for the rest, we will see when we get there. My husband and I don't like to plan everything, as it is just the two of us and we like to wander around and enjoy all the beautiful sights, the atmosphere and the little surprises you find every time, no matter how often you've visited!

So please, everyone, cross your fingers and help me get those days off so we can go on our trip!  ;D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Disney Matt

Hope you get the time off you need :)
I have to wait a whole year till i get to go again...enjoy!! ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

Firstly, fingers crossed you get the time off. Secondly, nautilus and space mountain are minor casualties with everything else you can do. Looking forward to reading your trip report - I'd quite like to go without kids again, just for a contrast

vampira

Thank you for hooing with me! ;)
You're right, Daddyof2, Nautilus and Space Mountain being closed isn't that bad. I'm glad Tower of Terror isn't closed, it's my favorite!
And this will probably be our last trip without kids, so...  ;)

vampira

Woohoo! My manager and I finally worked it out. I had to plan my vacation days in December, but somehow mine got lost. So instead of in January, I finally got the green light today. I was really hoping on hearing something this week, because the trip we were planning would still be with the discount this week. So when I got the email, it took only 15 minutes for me to book!  ;D
My husband is still at work and I haven't told him yet. I hope he'll be as excited as I am right now.
As planned, I booked two nights at the Cheyenne hotel, and added the Standard halfboard meal plan. Our first trip with a meal plan, but after reading about it on this forum I wished I had known about it before.  ;)
I'm so relieved it all worked out! And the one good thing about this situation is, I only have to sleep 25 more times before we go! Yeah!  ;D

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

vampira

We are leaving tomorrow morning! I'm sooooo excited. If you would see me, you would think I'm a little kid waiting for my first Disney trip!  ;)
Today I have to teach a dance and yoga class, and then pack our bags. We also have to pick up our car, as it broke down last week! I'm so glad it did before our trip!
We plan on leaving tomorrow, as early as possible. Probably at 6 A.M. So it will be an early night today.  ;D

MulanRouge

Have a wonderful time! Come back and tell us all about it!

Disney Matt

Have a fab time! I'm not jealous at all lol  :P

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

vampira

Thanks everyone!  :D
I'll write a report and post some pictures when I'm back.
Looks like we're lucky, the weather should be great the next few days!  ;D