Do UK half termers significantly affect numbers?

Started by Mrsya, January 06, 2015, 10:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Conflicting info from one person who's told me that uk half term holidaymakers don't even make a dent in numbers and a lady on live chat on disneylandparis site that said uk holidaymakers make up the majority of visitors in the park.....

On the brink of booking Tues 26th May - Saturday 30th May... Uk half term but no other european school holidays. Any advice please?

minnieme

We have been twice during May half term. It was busy but not bad.

Last year we went during the last week of August instead, which was packed. So I have booked May again for this year. It is not noticeably busy. During May, we walk straight on to Pirates, BTM etc. we have only really queued for the rides in Toy Story Playland during May.

I would recommend May as a nice time to go.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

sarahmumof4

I've been three times . Once in March ( took the kids out of school ) and twice in the feb 1/2 term .
All three trips have been packed with queuing times the same ( mostly an hour ) ( fast pass came in very handy !!)
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Mrsya

Thanks for replies! We're all booked!! Yay! Queues can't be as bad as Halloween so we went for it!

DisneyGagaChick

I have been a few times in May with my family (and on educational trip)- it's not too bad for the queues, I remember there once being no wait time at all for a majority of the rides!

andrewuk

We're there at the same time, can't wait! Did this week back in 2004 and there were no real queues but it did rain a lot and that might have had an effect.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Mrsya

Quote from: andrewuk on January 16, 2015, 01:54:08 PM
We're there at the same time, can't wait! Did this week back in 2004 and there were no real queues but it did rain a lot and that might have had an effect.

Another countdown buddy... All I can hope for is less queues than late October! Can't get a definitive answer from anyone as to whether French children have any more than the bank holiday Monday off school or whether us Brits make a huge difference to numbers...?

Zee79

Went may half term in 2013 and would def go at this time again. A lot quieter than in summer.

HFJohnson

We went in May half term last year and while it was definitely busier than term time it was fine. The queues built up a bit in the afternoons but the evenings were lovely with lots of walk ons.

Mrsya

Thank you again for the replies.  :D

Just got to wait for closures now... We've been so lucky on previous trips, I'm sure our luck is running thin...