Meal plans - using as cash value?

Started by Emergency Kitten, October 15, 2014, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Kitten

Hello all
(I suspect nobody would remember me from years back, but if you do, <waves>)

We're booked for February, and got the offer with the free half board meal plan. As we are staying in the DLH this is premium and so I think covers pretty much all the restaurants including Calif Grill etc.

Does anyone know if the higher end restaurants (Walts, Blue Lagoon, I assume the new Bistrot Remy, Calif Grill etc) will accept my voucher as part payment towards an a la carte meal or if we are restricted to a particular set menu?

I ask because we'd like a special celebration meal and I would be grumpy if I was 'forced' into a menu I didn't particularly want just because of the voucher. If that's the case I'll use it on lunch (which seems a waste? Wouldn't spend fifty plus euro on lunch!) and just pay for my dinner in the CG or wherever.

Cheers!
EK

DisneyRon

Hello EK,

EDIT: first off, because I just thought of it, are the vouchers you're getting "Hotel" level vouchers or actual Premium level vouchers, if it's the latter, then everything I wrote below is valid, otherwise there are a few more restrictions.

Most restaurants will pretty much allow you to pick à la carte as it is with a Premium Voucher (it's covered completely basically). That includes Walt's, Blue Lagoon, etc.

Chez Remy has set menu's as it is, but I do believe they have a separate Premium menu and the normal set menu, both are covered by your Premium vouchers.

The only exception is the California Grill, which has a "Premium Meal Plan" menu, but they will accept your vouchers as partial payment should you choose to select things from the other menu's (there's a second set menu called the "Tinkerbell Menu" which is €79 per person, and an à la carte section).

Your Premium Meal Plan Vouchers represent €49,50 if they're used as partial payment (that was the value used when I was there in September).

If you're going to the California Grill, "The Temptation of Snow White" dessert from the Tinkerbell Menu is amazing, both in presentation as in taste (the photos are in the food thread). ;)

Emergency Kitten

Thanks DisneyRon, what a great answer.

Yes we have the Premium vouchers and am pleased to know I can (most probably) use them as face value!

Much appreciated
EK

DisneyRon

Quote from: Emergency Kitten on October 19, 2014, 08:39:04 PM
Thanks DisneyRon, what a great answer.

Yes we have the Premium vouchers and am pleased to know I can (most probably) use them as face value!

Much appreciated
EK

Well, you most likely won't need to use it for face value, unless you're dining at the California Grill and want something from the other menus. ;) Everything else should allow you to eat there just fine with just the voucher.

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/ has a list of all covered Buffet and Table restaurants (ie. more or less all of them), all counter service restaurants are also covered, but given the value of the coupons you may not want to use those (essentially paying €49,50 for a €20 meal is a bit of waste).

The restaurants not covered by the Premium Plan are generally not owned or operated by Disney, and as such none of the Meal Plan vouchers are valid there at all. These are Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, McDonalds, King Ludwig's Castle and Rainforest Café if I recall correctly.

disneyparisfan

Hi Disney Ron, can I ask if this is the same for Standard level vouchers as opposed to Premium.  Specifically can you use vouchers at cash value at King Ludvigs?  We travel in Feb.  Have never used Meal Plan vouchers before but they are being included as a free offer this time so I'm on a 'learning curve' now!

DisneyRon

Quote from: disneyparisfan on October 19, 2014, 09:20:54 PM
Hi Disney Ron, can I ask if this is the same for Standard level vouchers as opposed to Premium.  Specifically can you use vouchers at cash value at King Ludvigs?  We travel in Feb.  Have never used Meal Plan vouchers before but they are being included as a free offer this time so I'm on a 'learning curve' now!

Well, unfortunately, no. King Ludwig's Castle isn't part of any plan as it's not owned by Disney.

To Quote the Terms and Conditions of the meal plans:
"Vouchers can be used for their face value in all Disney-operated restaurants at Disneyland Paris. This excludes locations such as McDonald's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe and King Ludwig's Castle. Where the total cost is less, no refunds will be given of voucher value."

disneyparisfan

Ah.  Oh well.  Cash it is then!  Thanks Disney Ron, appreciate the info.  I'm sure we'll manage to run them off elsewhere.  We always visit King Ludwigs though so thats a shame.  I always said I should look into Meal Plans before we visited so perhaps this will give me the shove ive needed. 

Thanks again for the help
Cheers
:-)

DisneyRon

Quote from: disneyparisfan on October 19, 2014, 09:53:24 PM
Ah.  Oh well.  Cash it is then!  Thanks Disney Ron, appreciate the info.  I'm sure we'll manage to run them off elsewhere.  We always visit King Ludwigs though so thats a shame.  I always said I should look into Meal Plans before we visited so perhaps this will give me the shove ive needed. 

Thanks again for the help
Cheers
:-)

The link in my earlier post shows all Buffet and Table restaurants covered by all the plans, so have a browse there if there's anything to your liking. ;)
All Counter Service restaurants are covered by all the plans from Standard and up. ;)

disneyparisfan

Cool.  Counter service are our staple Lunch destinations.  We dont bail much from the parks during the day so thats fantastic to know.  Thanks  :)  I'll have a look through your link and see if I can get myself a bit more up to datefor the rest!  Great help, Thanks!!  I knew this would be a good place to sign up to! 

Cheers!  :)