Hotel Play Areas

Started by izzysfirstdisney, August 31, 2014, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izzysfirstdisney

Hiya all,

Not long for us to go now!!

Was just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the play areas in the hotels and whether they are any good? - looking for photos online but cannot find any at moment

I know what Cheyene have and we are staying there but assuming we can use any, just thinking it will be a good break for my 18 month old from the parks ( going for 6 days so can take it slow )

Many thanks

Rapunzel1

I wasn't very impressed. It was just a small area with some stuff to draw pictures and a t.v. to watch cartoons. I would not count on your child to spend hours there. Maybe a few minutes. At New Port Bay I hardly ever saw any children playing in the play area.

Just bring some small toys with you too play in the room and the bathtub.

disney_mama

we stayed at Sequoia Lodge last year and frankly we were very disappointed with the childrens area, some colouring and a TV was all that was there and we had that in our room anyway so hardly spent anytime in there at all, neither did many other children either.
[size=150]Taking my Little Boy to meet Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear in September, staying for 4 nights at the Sequoia Lodge

DLRP 2006 Hotel Cheyenne
2008 2009, 2010 The Marriott
[/size]

cazspence

I was informed you can only use the play area of the hotel you are staying in.

A&S&O

Do you mean indoor or outdoor play areas?

The Cheyene and Santa Fe outdoor areas are rubbish, the indoor areas and some colouring pencils and a tv screen, all are unsupervised.

Anyone can walk into any hotel, so no one will know if your staying there or not.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

cazspence

At DLH we were asked for our hotel pass to show we were staying there.

izzysfirstdisney

Thanks for the replies,

Thats a bit disappointing, I thought each hotel may have had a slightly different indoor play area, shame

I know there is the pirate ship in the park and one in Frontierland but was hoping there may something decent either inside or outside one of the hotels