Train from Gare du Nord to Disney, help please : )

Started by Shall80, August 02, 2014, 10:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shall80

Hi All,

Been lurking for a few days getting some great tips and generally getting excited (booked a few days ago)

So my question is this...I'm getting the Eurostar into Paris and I was going to take a stroll aroud the LOuvre, however the day we arrive it's closed, so we've decided to head straight to Disney.

Can anybody give me a fools guide to getting there please? ::)

Do I need to get more then one train? What are the prices?

We are 2 adults, 2 children and a toddler...Would it be easier to just get a private shuttle (quoted £140 return) If it wasn't loads cheaper to get the RER should I go this way?

We have to be at Gare du Nord at around 9am on our departure.

Please help I just can't find to seem a straight forward answer.

Thanks in advance  ;D

DisneyRon

You'll be arriving in Gare Du Nord, from there you'll need to take the underground to "Chatelet-Les Halles", and there you can transfer to the RER heading to Marne-La-Vallée. :)

The underground section of Gare du Nord is a bit daunting, the rest will be a breeze.

http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/resultat-detaille/start/Gare+Du+Nord+%28METRO%29%2C+Paris/end/Marne-La-Vall%C3%A9e+Chessy+%28RER%29%2C+Chessy/is_date_start/1/date/2014-08-11/time/10%3A20%3A00/route_type/plus_rapide

Change the date and time as needed to get a more accurate idea, but this should be your general route. :)

As for calculating the cost, the tarif page appears to have a bit of a redirect loop going on. :(

Shouldn't be too expensive though, nowhere near the cost of that private shuttle service.
As for getting to Gare Du Nord around 9 am, if you take the RER departing at 7:45 from Marne-La-Vallée you'll be at Gare Du Nord around 8:39, you can also take one train earlier, departing at 7:05, and then you'll be at Gare Du Nord at around 8:00.

http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/resultat-detaille/start/Marne-La-Vall%C3%A9e+Chessy+%28RER%29%2C+Chessy/end/Gare+Du+Nord+%28RER%29%2C+Paris/is_date_start/0/date/2014-09-08/time/8%3A05%3A00/route_type/plus_rapide

Shall80

Thanks for the replies, seems so much easier to have it explained to me rather than trying to work out different websites...I worry about myself at times haha  ;D

Xx

Shall80

One more quick question (for now  ;D)

Does the E7.50 cover the underground journey too, so I but just one ticket each?

Thanks x

DisneyRon

It covers a trip from Zone 1 to Zone 5 regardless of how your route goes, so that includes the underground part. :)

DisneyfanGermany

As DisneyRon said, you can take the underground line and then the RER with one ticket. I did this a few weeksago, its quiet simple  ;)
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

Shall80