What's it like the last week of November?

Started by gothprincess, May 05, 2014, 07:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothprincess

We are thinking of making our 4th trip in yhe last week of November what us it like in terms of crowds, closures and weather? Also will all the lovely Christmas things be on?

gemma2806

I went the last week of November and it was the best time to go! We stayed for 7 days and on that basis i would say your're best to arrive on the Sunday and settle in and then spend the rest if the week touring. The crowds were non-existent! Every ride was a walk-on and we only had to wait for 15 mins to ride Crush's Coaster in the middle of the afternoon! Our plans went without any hitch, we got into all our restaurants without waiting and every ride we wanted to go on was available. The only closures that we found were Cars Road Rally which was closed during the week so we rode this at the weekend and Space Mountain which was closed for the duration but we weren't bothered by this. There were a couple of minor closures on altrnate days so we just adapted our plan so we didn't miss out. It was relatively mild when we went and so although we packed our full winter gear we didn't really use it. It was sunny and dry everyday. All the Christmas decorations were up and the full shows were also running as they usually start the Christmas season around the 10th November . Definitely avoid the parks  however on a Saturday as they were the busiest I have EVER seen them, most waits topped an hour even for the minor rides. We had the best Christmas break ever and when we get to do Christmas again we will definitely stay the last week in November. We left on Saturday the 30th last year and the crowds were suddenly swarming heading into December so we definitely made the right choice!

gothprincess

Thanks , we have always gone the first week of February so we are used to cold weather and no ques but last year IASW and POTC were both closed and they are my daughter's favorite, we didn't go this year because the little one was so small we wanted to wait until we could ride things together so I thought we'd avoid February and the closures and soak up some Christmas magic.

justlikeidreamedit

Totally agree with gemma2806. We go the week after every year and there are no queues and you get to go on everything. Touch wood, never had bad weather yet either, unlike in the summer when it rained every time. Just make sure you are kitted out for freezing temperatures as it can get cold, especially when waiting for the parade. You will have the best time.