Why so expensive with winter 2 days free and free half board

Started by andlorna, February 26, 2014, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andlorna

Hi my family and I were pricing the end of October for Halloween, we were planning a 4 night 5 day stay, staying at the hotel Cheyenne. We priced this at the 13/02/2014 and it came in at £927. { if we added half board standard it then came to £1170. Now this new promotion has  started with the 2 days free, upto 30% off and free half board it now prices at £1350. >:(   WHY MORE EXPENSIVE WITH THESE SO CALLED EXTRA OFFERS IN THIS PROMOTION. >:( I am going to ring Disney direct my self and ask them why this is, I will let you all know there response, a very disgruntled Disney fan. 
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

andlorna

Just got off the telephone from Disneyland Paris about this current offer, I was a bit surprised by there response that the previous offer include 2 days free. I explained that we as a family checked all the pricing for this holiday in October a 2 day stay, 3 day stay and a 4 day stay, and the 2 extra days free only applied when you booked a 4 day stay on the previous promotion, having priced it for all the above days even if you doubled the price of a 2 day stay it came in less than it is coming in at now and that's including half board. The lady was not able to comment on this and said I needed to contact admin.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

BoristheSpider

The price has shot up since the promotion changed to the current 30% offer. Monday I tried 4 nights in Oct coming up at £686 in Sequioa & now it's £918 for the same x

adr2.8i

in my experience, these 2 days free or free half board deals never quite work out as being free, the holiday always increases in price, sometimes quite drastically in price.

DLRP Roundup!

http://dlrpr.com/calendar/index.php?m=10&y=2014

Green days will give you cheaper :)

Red higher and purple the worst pricing.

£722 for two adults two kids during October for Cheyenne or Santa Fe including half board, depends on ages and the such as well.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

andlorna

Thanks for the calendar colour code range chart, however my childrens school half term falls Halloween week. { higher price band }. Like I said in my first post having priced this before the current promo and still having the prices written down for all possible days 2,3 and 4 stays. I know exactly how much Disney have increased this current promo by, even though the telephone operator stated previous promo included 2days free { that is if you book a 4 night stay } and she agreed, that's when I informed her that even if I would of booked 2 separate 2 night stays consecutively the previous promo would have not applied and it would still have been at least £300 to £400 cheaper than now and then that's when she told me to email admin.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Samninetysix

Our last 5 stays since August last year have been Explorers x 2, Magic Circus x 2 (because our APD discount in the Disney hotels was pants) and 1 x Disneyland Hotel because the discount was 45%. It's getting ridiculous how expensive DLRP is now unless you plan your trips outside of school holidays and peak periods. Wifey, daughter and I all have APD's which with our shareholders discount cost us 169€ each but we have saved much much more in discount than we paid for the AP's in August 2013. Next month we are staying in a Davy Crockett cabin for 3 nights, 3 adults, 2 17 yr olds and a 10 yr old, the online direct with Disney price was £1600+, we have got it for £498 and worked out that the park hopper tickets for the non AP holders is £273 which is £771 altogether. Not bad for Sunday to Wednesday in the Easter holidays.