When does Christmas end?

Started by Little mermaid 240, February 27, 2014, 06:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little mermaid 240

I'm thinking about taking up 2 night 2 days offer for winter 2014!  Going on the 4th January but as we have never been there for Christmas would it still be Christmas then?  As it would be lovely to see it all Christmassy.
Little Mermaid x

Slimy yet satisfying

We are going on the same day having been last year and enjoying the tail end of the celebrations. We found that each night the disney fairies were hard at work putting bits and bobs away. It didnt spoil the experience rather it became a game to spot what was missing...a bit like the memory game! We love it then as it extends Christmas without the madness! Do be prepared to see rides closing for refurb as most if not all will have been open for all of December. Have a great time!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

DLPWonders (Banned)

The season ends on different dates every year, this year it was on the 6th.
If we would look to the days, that would be on the 5th next year (both are on a Monday).
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Little mermaid 240

Little Mermaid x

DLRP Roundup!

The tree and decorations hang about for about a week on the tail end.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Uragano Tati

In Italy (and in Spain too) the Christmas holidays end on the 6th January. The 6th January is Epiphany, a religious holiday, related with the 3 kings bringing gifts to Jesus (I don't know exactly).
Children go back to school on the 7th January and it is also the day when traditionally we put away the Xmas tree and all the decorations.
So maybe this is the reason why Christmas in the park goes on till the first week of January.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

gemma2806

In my personal opinion I'd aim for the end of November if you can! The place is in full swing for the Christmas season but there are no crowds. Whilst I was there last year the only thing closed was Space Mountain and every day Monday to Friday everything was basically a walk on attraction but the weekends were heaving!  :D