Couple of questions

Started by Dootje, December 08, 2013, 07:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dootje

We are planning our trip to dlrp in february with 2 small children ( 3 and 1.5) and a disabled person and have a couple of questions about our planning.
1. Are there any baby-beds in the rooms available? we would love to go to one of the Disney hotels.
(we are looking for New Port Bay or Cheyenne )
2. Are there any Strollers available in the parks ? and where and how do we have to get them ?
2. Which hotel is the most "friendly" for children and disabled persons ?
3. How do we have to book our trip ? Because there is not a option you can choose on the website to reservate with a disabled person.

Thx for helping us !!!!!!!
19x DLRP   2x WDW

gemma2806

You can request a cot in your room and they should provide this for you free upon arrival. The Newport would have more space for a cot as the room has two double beds in it whereas the Cheyenne has one double bed and bunk beds leaving very little room for a travel cot.

I would not recommend the strollers in the park for young children they are more ideally suited to children aged 4 plus. They are big clunky metal frames (not dissimilar to luggage trolleys in the airports!) and they are quite high up with rigid black seats and no sides etc. They are more like chairs on wheels. If you need a stroller definitely take your own as they also cost €15 approx a day to hire and you can't take them out of the parks with you.

In terms of theming I would say that the Cheyenne is a good theme for children but I would say the Newport for a disabled person as it is easier to navigate to your room and restaurants etc by lift whereas Cheyenne is smaller 2 storey buildings with no lifts so you would have to request a ground floor room. Seeing as you want to travel in February I would also recommend the Newport for the time of year. I have always found the Cheyenne theming and layout better in warmer, sunnier months but that is just my opinion.

The best way to book a trip would be either via a travel agent or you could call Disney directly yourself.

Good luck with everything!

daddyof2

I'd hope that Disney can be very accommodating regarding your situation, and I'm sure all of their hotels have rooms designed for disabled access. The only worry I have for you is that most of their rooms seem to be for a maximum of 4 persons. I think the exceptions are family rooms at DLH or there are rooms at the Santa Fe that sleep 6 I think. As mentioned by Gemma, call Disney direct

disneydad73

As far as strollers go....

We've hired one the last 2 trips we've made. You can hire them by the day, or for the duration of your stay. If you hire for the duration then out can take them  out of the parks and into the hotels - very useful at the end of the day with wee ones. You'll be given a receipt that you show at the gat eon your way out - so keep hold of it, this also gets you your deposit back.

Bring a bike lock with you! This may seem odd, but we've had our buggy pinched before. Not a real issue because you just go back to where you hired it from and they give you a new one, but it is a nuisance - especially if you are at the other end of the park. Last time we just locked the buggy when we went on a ride / into restaurant.

Also, some buggys have a fold down luggage rack, try and get one of these if you have a couple of kids. One cam sit on buggy and the other can stand on the back!

Hope this helps.

Dootje

Quote from: gemma2806 on December 08, 2013, 08:55:22 PM
.... I would not recommend the strollers in the park for young children they are more ideally suited to children aged 4 plus. They are big clunky metal frames (not dissimilar to luggage trolleys in the airports!) and they are quite high up with rigid black seats and no sides etc. They are more like chairs on wheels. If you need a stroller definitely take your own as they also cost €15 approx a day to hire and you can't take them out of the parks with you....

Where do i find these strollers? can we get one at the hotel or do we have to go to the park for this ?
19x DLRP   2x WDW

gemma2806

You can hire the buggies in the parks, not the hotels. Stroller rentals can be found on the right hand side of Main Street as you come in the main gates. Just keep to the right and you'll see them near a little boutique. In the Studios the strollers can be rented from the shop near to the Studio Photo shop which is also located on the right hand side as you enter the Studio gates.