using half board plus vouchers to eat at the fancy places ...

Started by sarahh83, October 20, 2013, 10:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahh83

can somebody explain how it works if i wanted to use the value of my half board plus voucher to eat at soemwhere only covered in the half bopard premium category ..... for example auberge de cendrillion
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

SVioletS

Hi,

You use the vouchers for their face value and pay for the difference, meaning if menu price is 65€ and vouchers value is 33€, you will pay in cash 32€.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

sarahh83

First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

SVioletS

the value is printed on the voucher and it is around 33€ per adult and 15€ per child... if someone can confirm this i'd appreciate it too, because i'm not completely sure!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Disney Mum

The current voucher value was on the DLP site but now they have changed the site and I can't find it again, but the value given above seems about right, as I calculated it recently before switching to the new special offer for our upcoming trip, I think the adult is worth €33 and the child €16, as I worked out 2ad+2ch was worth €96.
We are shareholders, so my plan is to always use the vouchers at face value for our upcoming trip, even in restaurants that are on the plan, I intend to order from a more expensive menu than the plan allows, then get our 15% SH club discount applied, then use the vouchers and pay the balance out of pocket (which will probably be for drinks as you can't use vouchers towards alcoholic drinks).

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

hawian rollercoaster

so what happens if you go to annettes with a premium voucher as the value of the voucher is much greater than required.

Disney Mum

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on October 27, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
so what happens if you go to annettes with a premium voucher as the value of the voucher is much greater than required.
No idea, one of my questions would be can we just use 2 vouchers at face value towards a meal in a cheaper restaurant?  For instance we want to go to Pizza Planet one day but don't want to waste all 4 HB+ vouchers on it so would like to use 2 of them at face value as part payment and then  do the same at the Agrabah.  But I think you have to use a voucher for each person eating and if you choose to eat at a restaurant that isn't getting the best value from your voucher I think it's just seen as your loss.

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

hawian rollercoaster

I have heard some people on the forum sayin that in some places they were given vouchers back if the value was greater . Can anyone confirm which resturants these are ?

hawian rollercoaster

Disney Mum

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on October 29, 2013, 12:03:59 AM
I have heard some people on the forum sayin that in some places they were given vouchers back if the value was greater . Can anyone confirm which resturants these are ?

This would be great if you could, that's what I'd like to do.